Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has asked me what the difference is between the various Siglos (Cohiba). Is it just size, or are there actual blend/wrapper changes?

Thanks.....I appreciate the help with this. He just got back from a trip and picked a few up and wasn't sure exactly what he got!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Bruce5 said:
To my understanding...
Same tobacco.
Difference (being size) would mean diff filler to wrapper ratio.
Above affects strength, flavor and aging time.
OK...Sounds fair to me. I'll buy that! :D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Bruce5 said:
To my understanding...
Same tobacco.
Difference (being size) would mean diff filler to wrapper ratio.
Above affects strength, flavor and aging time.
Yes, that isssss right, In a way that like Siglo VI need the best wrapper they've got bec. of the vitola size vs the little guy siglo 1.
Yes, same tobacco, same plantation but they said that different siglo, different blending. I smoked siglo I, III, IV and siglo VI they all taste different in strength, flavor. like bruce5 said bec. of the tobacco ratio and that is right! more tobacco ( big RH) more flavor and strength.
but still, If you smell all the siglos before lighting them up, they all smell different.
IMHO I think each of them got a little twist of theire own.

Salud!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Uniputt said:
A friend has asked me what the difference is between the various Siglos (Cohiba). Is it just size, or are there actual blend/wrapper changes?

Thanks.....I appreciate the help with this. He just got back from a trip and picked a few up and wasn't sure exactly what he got!!!! :confused:
I've only tried the 1, V and VI, but they were very different, especially the little sig I's. Of course, I've tasted just as much difference between two boxes of the same brand and vitola, so that doesn't mean much! :r

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ok going out on a limb here. Cohiba uses the same tobacco for the Siglo BUT they vary the ratio. For instance, the Sig I is a little powerhouse, as are most pc's because there is only so much space for legaroand a lot less filler, hence stronger. I also think that they may vary some of the tobacco leaves of choice as this will impact flavor as well. You can get an overall Cohiba flavor but also aging, year of crop, growing conditions, ect will also have an effect on the flavor. If you look at most larger formats, they too generally are much milder because they don't have as much legaro compared to the rest of the cigar. Did that make any sense? I'm not even sure it did! :r

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
filly said:
Ok going out on a limb here. Cohiba uses the same tobacco for the Siglo BUT they vary the ratio. For instance, the Sig I is a little powerhouse, as are most pc's because there is only so much space for legaroand a lot less filler, hence stronger. I also think that they may vary some of the tobacco leaves of choice as this will impact flavor as well. You can get an overall Cohiba flavor but also aging, year of crop, growing conditions, ect will also have an effect on the flavor. If you look at most larger formats, they too generally are much milder because they don't have as much legaro compared to the rest of the cigar. Did that make any sense? I'm not even sure it did! :r
It does makes sense Amigo! same tree different layers different in taste and purpose. same plantation, different field location and shade, different in colors and taste. considering aging is all the same except siglo VI, strength, aroma and taste is all depends on the the ligero, binder and wrapper. wrapper contributes to the taste a lot. they are different in size ( siglos) to be more flexible for blending and to attain the taste they want. IMHO Amigo!

I hope that make sense too, I'm tired of using my dictionary :D :D
Salud!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, all of you. The above information confirms what I had originally thought. I didn't think that the different numbers indicated a completely different blend.

Thanks again.....this place is great!! :)

(Honey......I'm home....!!!) ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts