Cigar Forums banner

581 - 597 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Agreed. I also noticed that most of those top shelves are the real thing, not the tupperdors.
Me, I don't have a top shelf. I just have a bunch of tupperdors. Hope to start changing that soon
Hawkidor! (http://www.cigarforums.net/forums/v...43-storage-without-humidor-2.html#post3744363)
Top shelves and Tupperware don't have to be mutually exclusive. I run a 100 count desk top for "on deck" smokes and have 3 Hawkidors for longer term storage. Here's the top shelf of one of them -

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,286 Posts
Agreed. I also noticed that most of those top shelves are the real thing, not the tupperdors. Another fairly common trend seems to be that cigars are out of their cellophane prisons.

Me, I don't have a top shelf. I just have a bunch of tupperdors. Hope to start changing that soon
Actually I'm planning to transfer my "top shelf" to tuppers. My real "top-top shelf" is already there, mostly CC's with more than 10 years on 'em in a Hawidor... and they're in the bottom tray. Out of sight, out of mind. But I'll fill it the rest of the way directly. And I'm going to fill another Hawkidor with newer "do not touch for 5-years" cigars.

That leaves 7 more tuppers... 2 Hawks for NC's, 2 Hawks for customs, plus 1 trayless for Peso cigar bundles, and 2 a bit larger for box overflow.

I'm finding more and more that I want my wineador, which is right next to my desk and what I showed in this thread, to be stocked only with cigars I deem ready to smoke, and without it being a special occasion. That way I can feel comfortable grabbing whatever's in there that strikes me at the moment without hesitation. It sucks spending half-an-hour digging through so many different boxes just trying to decide what to smoke.

Yeah, yeah, I know; first world problems. But, I also have a 120 qt coolerdor for box storage that's a mixed bag; 90% CC with long-termers buried toward the bottom and "smoke as needed" on the top couple of layers, as well as a 48 qt cooler for more NC's, which will likely be replaced with another tupper or two one of these days (I'd prefer the visual access of clear tuppers for singles that currently reside in mixed boxes in that secondary cooler).

I guess new pics will be forthcoming soon. Have to decide whether to show my top drawer or super-secret top-top bottom tray! Probably not as impressive as I'm imagining, either way. Basically I consider anything over $10 high-zoot... unless I bought it at the B&M knowing it's only $6 or $8 in box quantities online!

I envy the guys with 72" Aristocrat cabinets... but I'm not sure it makes it any easier to find a cigar to smoke! Compartmentalizing has it's advantages! :smile2:

·
Registered
404 Posts
It sucks spending half-an-hour digging through so many different boxes just trying to decide what to smoke.

(I'd prefer the visual access of clear tuppers for singles that currently reside in mixed boxes in that secondary cooler).

I envy the guys with 72" Aristocrat cabinets... but I'm not sure it makes it any easier to find a cigar to smoke! Compartmentalizing has it's advantages! :smile2:
I found these Ziploc totes at my local Wally World. Great seal, super sturdy, and see-through. They've been working great for me. I guess they wouldn't help temperature swings as well as a cooler though. YMMV

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I found these Ziploc totes at my local Wally World. Great seal, super sturdy, and see-through. They've been working great for me. I guess they wouldn't help temperature swings as well as a cooler though. YMMV

I purchased that same 3 drawer humidor you got tucked into one of them ziplock's when i first started out and, thank god it's in there mine leaked like a sieve from day one. I've since smashed it up and use the drawers for my cooler.

Curious how yours held humidity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Curious how yours held humidity?

About as good as a screen door... It looked pretty in pictures online, but the minute I opened it up I knew it wasn't going to seal worth a damn. What a terrible design for a humidor...

Reactions: Kidvegas

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
About as good as a screen door... It looked pretty in pictures online, but the minute I opened it up I knew it wasn't going to seal worth a damn. What a terrible design for a humidor...

Exactly what i figured you'd say.... great looking POS.. lol

·
I ♥ |_|D
5,149 Posts
My actual top shelf has wrapped boxes for longer aging. In the middle of my cabinet I do have two divider trays that I use to display some of my more HTF and unique stuff. So, that would be my "Top Shelf".

The first is the NC tray which contains:
Oliva Master Blend 1
Oliva Master Blend 2
Oliva O (red cloth)
Oliva O (blue cloth)
Oliva Special S. Not the event cigar but the OR Special S. (Hands down the best coffee pairing NC I've ever had)
Davidoff OR Millenium Diadema. Released in 2000 it was what the Millenium blend attempted to mimic.
1999 Opus X Perfecxion X
2003 Opus X Lancero Forbidden X
2004 Opus X RdC from the OR Opus 22 set. This is the cigar I use to show people wtf plume looks like.
Illusione Culebra

The second is the CC tray.
2005 Monte EL
2000 Cohiba Millenium Piramide
HUpmann No 2 - old band (earlier 2000s)
1998 RyJ Prince of Wales
2002 Partagas Conn. 2
Covered Wagon. From what I remember, this is a Clear Havana cigar from about the mid 50s. One of the longest of it's time.
H Upmann. Unknown age. I think this was mid 90s.
2002 Cohiba Lancero
1910 - 1920ish J Alvarez Pre-Embargo
1940s Harvester Clear Havana
2003 OR Cohiba Siglo VI

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
sorry my 50 and 20 ct don't have a shelf in them lol

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
** BUMP **

I stumbled on to this thread... I could honestly spend hours looking through threads like these.. Bumping this to breathe some life into it and hopefully get updates to everyone's "Top Shelf" aka special occasion sticks.. here's my noobish attempt for an NC Top Shelf..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

581 - 597 of 597 Posts