Cigar Forums banner

Would you use/peruse Club Stogie Auctions if it were brought back?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some requests to bring back Club Stogie Auctions. For those of you that were not around back a couple years ago, Club Stogie Auctions was a eBay like Auction that was totally free to post and bid on items. The auction has almost all the capabilities of the big auction packages, including the ability to place classified ads and dutch auctions, etc.

The goal of the auctions was to provide a place for members to sell and trade their cigars and cigar accessories in an "auction like" format. At times we also had some retailers using it.

It's not a lot of work from our end, and was just wondering your opinions.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I think it would be cool. If it does come back, a good idea would be to make sure all folks who auction items & bid on items must be regestered on Club Stogie.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i think it would be cool, not that i knew what the original auctions were, but as long as there's no funny business it would rock!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
as i recall, at any given time the old cs auction had either 0 or 1 items up... it's probably why you let it go. but, why not try again and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good points, thanks for the input. If you want to play around with the auction or just take a look at it, the link is below.

I still have some work to do around making it look a bit better, but other than that it seems to be functioning just fine.

I still can't tie the login info to the forums :confused: , but we can at least verify people posting products are forum members.

http://www.clubstogie.com/cgi-bin/auction/main.pl

·
Registered
15 Posts
cool....

Being a web geek can I ask...

Is that a home-grown application or a "install auction" type auction much like most of the bulletnboards out there. If so what is the name of that cool little app?

Very neat!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: cool....

cigarguy said:

Is that a home-grown application or a "install auction" type auction much like most of the bulletnboards out there. If so what is the name of that cool little app?
It's actually a stand alone app. It unfortunately is no longer available due to the manufacturer running into some legal issues!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow what a shame. Wish it were still available.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cigarguy said:
Wow what a shame. Wish it were still available.
There is another package that our was built off of, and it is a shareware auction called "everyauction". I'll try and dig up a link for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome Thanks.

That would be great thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I belong to a member to member wine auction site. I have been looking and trading for years. There are never any bargain just a lot of retail and over, wine that sells to must have collectors. Seems our members are pretty savy and would not want someone elses don't wants. There are two pretty good sites for cigar auctions cigarauctionlive.com and cbid. I have scored some real bargains on lots I wanted (won some Padrons and Ashtons last week On cigarauctionlive.com at a great price). We would have to deal with shipping and waiting for one member to send goods to another, not to mention method of payment etc. Seems a little to gain for a lot of problems. Lets spend more time on using the forum to inform. This is just one reporters opinion. :ms :ms

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
It would be a good idea for us gorillias who have big collections during cleaning time to make a couple bucks, and so some of the chimps and good deals on premium sticks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts