Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had to ship a few packages out already to fellow BOTL. I always use the USPS website to print out my labels, but to be honest I have no idea how much these boxes weigh!? They are small priority boxes with usually 5-8 stogies inside. I've always guessed about 4-6 ounces on these things......... So my question is how do you ship your gars?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I use the small flat rate boxes. You can fill as much as you can fit in the box no weight restrictions and it goes for the rate for the box. Usually when i ship sticks to fellow BOTL the charge per box with DC is $5.50.

I am just sayin' my $.02.:party:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've only shipped out once, but I just reused a box I got a shipment in from CI. I used the box and air filled padding. I took it into the post office and it cost me $3.20 I think it was for first class with delivery confirmation. It was 5 cigars in the box. It made it from SD to WA in 2 days also.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I just use flat rate and guess something under a pound for those small boxes. Under 3 pounds for the larger ones. USPS doesn't really care either way. As soon as you select a flat-rate box for your packaging, they pay no attention to the weight.

·
Ihavemyeyesonyou!
1,855 Posts
You don't have to use a flat rate box to ship USPS Priority. Sometimes it's cheaper than the flat rate.
Not always...but sometimes.

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
I use USPS to ship and sometimes I use their box if I think the weight is close to a pound but when I send 5 paks I use my own box and it ships for about $3.50 w/DC 85 cents extra.

·
Ihavemyeyesonyou!
1,855 Posts
I use USPS to ship and sometimes I use their box if I think the weight is close to a pound but when I send 5 paks I use my own box and it ships for about $3.50 w/DC 85 cents extra.
Set yourself up on line and the DC is free. No hand writing labels either!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Query: I see that we have joined the site at the same time. Can I too post a trade or sale? When I try the site says I can't but I see that you've been able to. Thanks for any help.

·
Ihavemyeyesonyou!
1,855 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.