Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my end of a trade today to a fellow member. It was a single cigar properly packaged in a small box. The package was very light. I sent USPS Priority Mail, but I sent it through a mini-mall pack and ship store. The postage was $9, and they charged me $4 for the delivery confirmation which brings my grand total to $13 to ship one cigar. Now I was appauled at this price, but was in a hurry(on my lunch break), so I bit the bullet and paid it. I'm assuming that this is a ridiculous price to pay to ship one cigar. Is it just because I sent it through this 3rd party store? I guess i would just like to know what you guys pay to ship with the Delivery Conformation and should I be shipping directly through the post office? Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.....:ss

· Registered
29,957 Posts
Yup....those 3rd party packers really stuck it to ya...

Delivery confirmation is 50 cents, and they charged you 4 bucks? What a bunch of motherscratchers. :2

· Misplaced
6,243 Posts
Setup an account with usps,if you ship online with them you can print your own labels out and just drop off at Postoffice. A priority box under 1 lb,runs you 4.60 with DC.
or, you can pay for it online and have them come pick it up at your joint! You can't beat that!

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Did you pay for signature confirmation; where a confirmation card is returned to you signed by the person receiving the package, or did you pay for a simple electronic confirmation? The signature confirmation is obviously going to be way more expensive. Either way you seriously got hosed!!! I have never paid much more than about 5 or 6 bucks to send some good size boxes priority.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you pay for signature confirmation; where a confirmation card is returned to you signed by the person receiving the package, or did you pay for a simple electronic confirmation? The signature confirmation is obviously going to be way more expensive. Either way you seriously got hosed!!! I have never paid much more than about 5 or 6 bucks to send some good size boxes priority.
It was USPS. I told the guy that I wanted the DC#, and he said it was $4. He gave me a green label that I had to fill out with the recipients name and address, and that green label had the DC# on it...:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.