Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with a vender in Switzerland.
I got a confirmation email which stated the following about shipping:
"We would like to inform you that the shiping fees will be SFR. 70.- (
approximately USD. 60.- )"

This seems very odd considering the 2 boxes are 25 pks of Chicos which combined weight is less than one pound. The conversion rate seem incorrect as well. My calculation was it was more like $80.00 American.
Please help with exchange rate and what if anything should I say to the vender. The order has not left yet and they want a final confirmation.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Holy crap 60 bucks for shipping!!!! Man I would email them back and ask them why so high for shipping? Also have you ordered from them before? $80 sounds a bit to high. I don't know the conversion rate, I thought the Swiss were using Euro though. I will look and see what I can come up with. Seems high Bruce.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Bruce it seems like the conversion is

.84 cents to 1 swiss franc, if that is right. And you should know I'm not to good at math, but the equation seems to work....LOL Then the 60 bucks is right. I don't understand why it is so high, but he is charging you the right amount.

I would still send him an email asking why?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Tuesday, January 18, 2005

1 Swiss Franc = 0.84531 US Dollar
1 US Dollar (USD) = 1.18300 Swiss Franc (CHF)

Maybe that will help.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I think I know who you mean!

They're nasty with their excessive shipping charges. Write & raise a stink with them, otherwise give me a call & I can offer some suggestions.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think 60 bucks for shipping is a bit excessive. I would cancel the order man. Buy your sticks else where. thats my .2 cents

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
seems shipping from the land of chocolate and watches has always been on the pricy side. I used to order A LOT from a very well known, respected vendor there, and shipping was around $80 per order. What I found out after a few orders is that you could have up to 4 boxes per order. Once I found that out, I would always order in fours to even the cost out.

Bruce: You may want to find out how many boxes they can ship for the stated price. Maybey what happened to me may apply to your situation.

·
Registered
672 Posts
coppertop said:
Holy crap 60 bucks for shipping!!!! Man I would email them back and ask them why so high for shipping? Also have you ordered from them before? $80 sounds a bit to high. I don't know the conversion rate, I thought the Swiss were using Euro though. I will look and see what I can come up with. Seems high Bruce.
Switzerland is not a part of the European Union. They have always been neutral. Same with an island between Sweden and Finland (I dont know its english name). Im not sure about Lichtenstein, Luxembourg and/or Monaco.

But this information hardly helps in the Shippingcosts situation...

Rey :w

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Yeah I forgot about that Rey.

·
Registered
672 Posts
coppertop said:
Yeah I forgot about that Rey.
Oh, how could I forget! Norway isnt a part of the European union either. They voted no! Sweden voted no to the Euro-currency. And England is also a part of The European Union but still has the pound!

But the island between Sweden and Finland - we can call it Aland - have Euros althouhg it isnt a member of the European Union. But its a part of Finland, which is a member in the European Union. But in Aland theyre not speaking finnish, theyre speaking swedish. This sounds confusing? :)

And by the way its a 100-years anniversary since the Union between Norway and Sweden stopped existing.

OK! Ive probably said enough now. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
When I said England I really meant the United Kingdom or Great Britain. That is: England, Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland. You dont want to call, for example, a Scotsman an Englishman.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lamar said:
Listen to whatever MO tells you my friend.
I spoke with Mo today. I decided to cancel the order and go with a different vender. I don't know how many of you guys are "chico" type cigar smokers, but they can be hard to find.\

1 - 16 of 16 Posts