Cigar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go Seattle!

Finally Seattle is winning games they should win. How? A great offensive line that can keep Matt Hasselbeck upright and open up holes for Shaun Alexander. A little luck, and a loud 12th man.

Here's to home field advantage for the playoffs!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
They sure looked good last night - but - I think that most time one of those three field goals would have been good. The 12th man sure helped out - It's great to see the Seahawks as a contender.

·
Registered
707 Posts
They got lucky Sunday. I think the Giants played the better game minus Jay Feely.

How bout Jeff Feagles setting an NFL record for watching...I mean playing in his 283rd straight game.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SlimDiesel said:
They got lucky Sunday. I think the Giants played the better game minus Jay Feely.

How bout Jeff Feagles setting an NFL record for watching...I mean playing in his 283rd straight game.
Lucky, true. But:

Shockey's TD shouldn't have counted, NFL Rules

The game shouldn't have ever gone in to OT in the first place! But Seattle still won, so still can't be too upset.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hey the Eagles were in that game...until the coin toss. Seriously Philly played great D and held the league's MVP, or at least as I see it, to 49 yards on 19 carries. The Seahawks are proving they can pull out games when not firing on all cylinders.

P.S. In the Giants game I agree that Shockley did not have a TD.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, the Seahawks are looking really good this year. They have San Fran. at home next week, and that has all the makings for another Seattle win.

I've been following Seahawk ball nearly as long as they have been around. They are my #2 team (just behind the Pittsburgh Steelers). Its really good to see them getting it all together. Although alot players can be credited for their season (Hasselbeck, Alexander, etc.) but I think you can't overlook the Mike Holmgren factor. He deserves alot of the credit (IMO).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
knuckles said:
Yeah, the Seahawks are looking really good this year. They have San Fran. at home next week, and that has all the makings for another Seattle win.

I've been following Seahawk ball nearly as long as they have been around. They are my #2 team (just behind the Pittsburgh Steelers). Its really good to see them getting it all together. Although alot players can be credited for their season (Hasselbeck, Alexander, etc.) but I think you can't overlook the Mike Holmgren factor. He deserves alot of the credit (IMO).
I've been following the haeks since I was a a little boy growing up in Seattle, and have been waiting a long time to see them do well and play as a team-offense and defense. And Yes, Shaun Alexander IS the best RB that no one's ever heard of!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I haven't had internet access at my house for a few weeks so I haven't had a chance to gloat about the Seahawks or read anything else here. I've been a fan since I was a little boy growing up in Seattle too. My dad had season tickets and we'd go watch every home game we could. This was back in the Zorn, Largent, Curt Warner and even Brian Bosworth eras (although Boz doesn't really warrant an "era").

We used to go to Juanita on Saturdays to watch them practice and get autographs. I had a bajillion tiny footballs with Steve Largent's autograph at one time. I went to school with one of his kids for a while and shamelessy hit him up for an autograph at every school play.

And my prediction from February is looking better and better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts