Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the School of Rock last night with Jack Black. Hilarious movie. Makes me a bit nostalgic for eighties rock. Anyone watch Tenacious D?

Jeff

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
I like-ie the Tenacious D.

I'm actually a big fan of their stuff. I'm such a geek but I have their CD and I bought their live DVD that came out last year, it had some good stuff on it as well as some of their HBO episodes.

"With Karate I'll kick you ass, from here to Tienamin Square" - Jack Black/Tenacious D

·
Registered
681 Posts
I almost watched it on pay-per view, but wasn’t sure if it would be good or not and I hate paying for a bad flick.
Jack has been in some pretty good movies though.
I will probably end up ordering it but if it turns out IMHO kind of shabby, will you mail me a refund check :D

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LastClick said:
I hate paying for a bad flick.
Jack has been in some pretty good movies though.
I will probably end up ordering it but if it turns out IMHO kind of shabby, will you mail me a refund check :D
I offer a tail light guarantee. When you can't see my tail lights anymore, the guarantee is over. :D

Jeff

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
I like-ie the Tenacious D.

I'm actually a big fan of their stuff. I'm such a geek but I have their CD and I bought their live DVD that came out last year, it had some good stuff on it as well as some of their HBO episodes.

"With Karate I'll kick you ass, from here to Tienamin Square" - Jack Black/Tenacious D
I have the Tenacious D. cd too,and just caught a couple clips of them on Comedy Central last weekend.. I likem

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
You know, Jack Black actually has a pretty decent singing voice. On the Tenacious D album they do a song called "WonderBoy", I was actually quite impressed with his range in that song. Granted all the lyrics are funny and tongue-in-cheek but the musical ability and talent are there.

"ME and KG (that's me)..... we're now.... Tenacious D!!!!"

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Its actually a whole lot more than episodes. Its a 2 disc set and its awesome. The first disc is made up of their live concert at Brixton Academy. Its a pretty decent set with a lot of on-stage banter between JB and Cage. Its also got the music video to wonderboy. The second disc is made up of all their HBO episodes as well as their TV appearances and behind the scenes footage of the making of their album as well as the making of their videos.

Well worth the $$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.