Cigar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has about 10 cigars that are very dried out. There are actually very visible rings around the foot of the cigars where the outer most tobbaco has dried out. Is there any possibliy of saving these cigars, or are they just a lost cause.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well, admittedly I bring less than a year's experience with cigars, but I have been devouring all of the material I could find on the web relative to cigar quality, storage, and associated challenges/problems. From everything I've read in the past months, it would seem (according to a few sites I've spent time on) that your friends' smokes could well be unsaveable....the only way to try is likely to get them into an overly humid environment and then step them back down to the desirable 70% level. Apparently one of the big problems with overly dry cigars is that they are frequently damaged internally through handling (brittle) which prevents them from ever being a decent smoke again.

However, that is just my regurgitation :pu of info on the web....I'm sure there are very experienced folks on this board who can give you first hand advice! Good luck, and I hope they weren't 10 primo cigars! :w

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well,
I would toss them into a 65% humidity humidor and forget about um. for a while.
revisit this topic after you smoke one!
HB.

Some brands of cigars are 'aged or cured' at 30% and re hydrated before they hit the market.

nuff said
Hb

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a dry cigar prob because of an inaccurate hygrometer. I increased my humidity to between 70 - 73 for a couple of weeks then returned them back to 68. It seemed to solve my prob but my cigars were not dry to the point of no return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts