Cigar Forums banner

Sat. Cigar Event in Rockford

699 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  alanf 
#1 ·
Is anyone going to attend the Cigar Event in Rockford tomorrow (6/7)? The details are listed in the event section. I'll be there regardless, but I hope some of you can make it.

#2 ·
Sorry you guys missed a great event. The Margaritas were very tasty and the Colorado Whiskey was fantastic. I had to buy a bottle. The free cigar was a special one Aurora makes just for people touring their factory - It was very good. The Nestor Miranda Special Selection was also a fine smoke. It was a little to windy for a long ash contest but the rain held off for most of the day. But fortunately it did rain near the end. Fortunately because an extra 10% was taken off anything you purchased! Very nice. Merley Grullon was a very attractive rep. I'm sure a lot of cigars were sold because of her. Never underestimate the power of a beautiful, cigar smoking woman to boost the sale of cigars.

Mini also made some friends and because of her, I received a La Aurora hat and a T-shirt. Nice going Mini!

Thanks for a great event Dennis.

I hope you guys can make the next event.
----------

I just attached a few pictures

Attachments

#4 ·
Arrrrgh! I had my cigar case loaded this morning and got scared off by the forecast. Looks like most of the bad weather stayed off to the North, so I probably could have made it.

So what is this Colorado whiskey?
Colorado Whiskey is a small batch whiskey featured on Modern Marvels: Whiskey (http://www.stranahans.com/index.php?q=home). Each batch is numbered and then the label has the batch number, the date and is signed by the distiller AND what music he was listening to when it was bottled. My bottle is batch #20, 12/14/05, signed by Jake who was listening to Mark Lanegan (now that is scary). The whiskey is very smooth. These guys know how to make a great tasting whiskey. I think you would like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.