Cigar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a short note on this lonsdale (cervantes) from Sancho Panza, made in 1998 in the Cienfuegos factory. It was a beautiful stick, dark brown and gleaming with oil. Prelight draw a bit tight, but it smoked beautifully for an hour and a half (a long one!), burning with perfect evenness and producing great gobs of smoke. The ask, as seems typical of Panzas, was dark gray and flaky, but did not drop off prematurely.

The flavor was that of excellent Habano tobacco without the notes of spice, flowers, etc. that are considered signs of complexity. Nevertheless, it was fully satisfying, gaining power and flavor up to the nub. I would give it a B+ because it doesn't measure up to the Bolivar lonsdale from the same year. Nevertheless, a worthy smoke, a long smoke, and a lovely smoke.

I have found lonsdales to be a good general vitola: it lasts a longish time and feels good in the hand.
Thanks to the member who gave this to me (name withheld to prevent mooching!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for bringing our attention to this underrated vitola in a brand that, other than the Beli. receives too little attention. I too have some 98s and concur with your assessment--long, slow burn, solid Habanos flavors. A real sleeper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts