Cigar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished smoking this 6X50 beauty gifted to me from the RTDA show. Just a little note, specific flavor ID's don't come easy to me(ie hints of bark, old shoes,etc.) The construction was perfect and the band is big and beautiful. I allowed this cigar to rest for 3 whole days and could not wait anymore. I had ice water to drink with this cigar.
I used my $4.00 no-name budget punch as my cutting device. It had a nice, firm cap which punched perfectly and held up until the finish. The pre-light draw was sweet and clean. I used my new, free Zippo Blue(which so far I like, but wouldn't pay $50.00 for) to set flame to this cigar. My initial draws made me worry a little. It started a little harsh. After about the first 1/4 inch, it mellowed a bit. The flavor was wonderful! It was rich and creamy. The flavor got better and better as I continued to smoke it. It seemed to level out at the 1/2 way point, but continued to be creamy.
The flavor picked up again near the final 1/3 and stayed strong through the nub. I even grabbed a small vice grip to finish it till it couldn't be smoked anymore. It burned perfectly all the way down, I never had to do anything to fix it. I am told it will retail for about $10.00 here in MI, and imho, it is well worth it. The only negative thing I can say is they won't be available for a month or so. I'd say it was a good medium with a nice, but not overpowering nic buzz. I am giving this a 9+ out of ten and would highly recommend this awesome cigar!!
:tu:tu:tu:chk(3 thumbs up and 1 gratuitous dancing chicken)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Re: San Cristobol Supremo

Thanks for the review, even makes me more excited about this release then before. I just have to wait patiently now.

·
Registered
75 Posts

This along with the 5 Vegas Miami are definitely on my must-try list.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Nice review :D

I smoked a San Cristobol last Friday (not sure what the size was called, it was similar to a toro), and it was a great smoke. This cigar is a Nic puro and blended by Pepin. I found it to have a rich, slightly sweet, taste with that great Nicaraguin spice. The burn and draw were perfect on mine. Our shop ordered several boxes of several sizes. I cannot wait for them to get here!

·
Banned
4,190 Posts

I cant wait!!!!

Thanks for the review!!!

Shawn

·
Registered
355 Posts

The reviews that I am reading are great! I cannot wait to fire this stick up when they come in. Very consistent from what I have read and spicey as hell. Just what I'm looking for. :tu

·
Registered
81 Posts

Nice review :D

I smoked a San Cristobol last Friday (not sure what the size was called, it was similar to a toro), and it was a great smoke. This cigar is a Nic puro and blended by Pepin. I found it to have a rich, slightly sweet, taste with that great Nicaraguin spice. The burn and draw were perfect on mine. Our shop ordered several boxes of several sizes. I cannot wait for them to get here!
Shot in the dark, but do you know approximately how much these will run?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

I smoked a Clasico tonight and feel this cigar doesn't live up to the hype. It had a beautiful oily wrapper and the pre-light draw seemed to imply a Nicaraguan sweetness to the tobacco, but I found it to be one-dimensional with a toasty tobacco flavor. I will say the construction was near perfect in both draw and burn, but the flavor left me longing for something a tad more complex.

·
Registered
201 Posts

I agree, this one works for me as well, nice review. Can't argue with the dancing chicken...

·
Registered
249 Posts

OOOOOO!!! San Cristobol!
One of my favorites.

Another winner by Pepin

·
Not drinking the Kool-aid
486 Posts

I smoked a Clasico tonight and feel this cigar doesn't live up to the hype. It had a beautiful oily wrapper and the pre-light draw seemed to imply a Nicaraguan sweetness to the tobacco, but I found it to be one-dimensional with a toasty tobacco flavor. I will say the construction was near perfect in both draw and burn, but the flavor left me longing for something a tad more complex.
Agreed, I was looking for something to compete with Ashton's other offerings, like the VSG, but its just not up to snuff. :2

·
Sing along with me
707 Posts

I fired up a Guajira last night and was really impressed with it. Nice, smooth flavor, lots of smoke, even burn. This, and another which I have tried, really have impressed me. This is a quality cigar and is fairly affordable.

Nice review. I can't agree more with your rating this cigar.

·
Registered
907 Posts

I agree. I just had my first, a torpedo...maybe it was a Supremo. While it was certainly a decent cigar, I find it over-priced and over-rated by most folks. At $2 I would buy it....but at $4 or more, I will pass.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I find this to be one of the tastiest cigars out there. It isn't very subtle and well...if it's one-dimensional I must like that dimension A LOT. I can't really complain about the price since I usually get these in mixed Pepin samplers and they come out to about $2.75-$3 each. I like most all Pepin cigars so this is obviously a win for me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts