Cigar Forums banner

Salute to Smelvis (Vets/Military Contest)

268 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Magicseven 
#1 ·
I got home from work today to find a package had been left on my porch. I wasn't immediately sure what it could be, but quickly realized it might possibly be from Smelvis in response to a contest he ran about veterans and the military. I opened the package and was completely floored by what was inside. Smelvis (aka Dave) sent some incredible sticks (fifteen to be exact) and also included a very nice book titled "The Complete Guide For Habanos' Enthusiasts". I couldn't believe it! I have never received a package from a fellow BOTL and was really blown away by Smelvis' generosity. Incredible!

I salute you Smelvis. Thank you for this amazing package and for your recognition of those who have served. A couple of my buddies, also veterans, enjoy cigars and I look forward to sharing these with them the next time we get together. You're a good man! Thank you very very much.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice hit! Smelvis is at it again.

That book looks interesting. Might see if I can find more info about the book as I am slowly getting into Cubans thanks to the great people on this forum! You can never know too much about cigars!

Also, thanks to all the Veterans and Military who sacrificed themselves to be able to let us enjoy the cigars we do today!

#6 ·
I have said this so many times....this group is great. Congrats on the great hit.

I thank any service man that I can identify....and they always smile and say "thank you"...and Im glad to do it..and I say that I was in the Navy and they then thank me..........but when they thank me, I feel slightly embarrassed, I dont know why........maybe I feel that I didnt contribyte much except turning wrenches on helos and fighters (different duty stations)

Sorry to ramble a little

PS I am doing well since I got Smelvised a few days ago!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.