Cigar Forums banner

Salute to Old Sailor

Tags
sailor salute
1K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  sailchaser 
#1 ·
I am sure he needs no introduction on here. I find him an enigma in some ways, he doesn't say a ton, but I am sure he reads every thread on here. He was the first one to greet me on CS and has the dubious distinction of bombing me twice. He has answered a zillion newbie questions here and even though I never met the man in person I consider him to be a friend. I missed his Herf this year, but if he will have me I will be there next year.

Cigars make for strange bedfellows, I think I could go to pretty much any city in Canada and in the US and find a fellow Gorilla to share a cigar with.

It is people like Dave ("Old Sailor") that make CS the kind of place that it is.

If you would be so kind as to hit him up with some RG for me I would really appreciate it.

I did a little search and I think this just might be his office.

For what it is worth Dave you have my respect. Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
When I first joined this board, he was nice enough to answer some of the questions I had, and sent some beads to me to help with problems I was experiencing with my humidor. I've never met him, but he is a great BOTL!: tu:tu:tu:tu

#9 ·
i have herfed with the great one many times and he is all that you think he is and more.

i consider him a good friend and i may also add i am one up on him in the bombin deptartment between us:r

i would give him a bump but i gotta spread the love

:tu old sailor is everything good about CS:tu

#20 ·
Lot of true statements in this thread ,there is a stature to which men are graded on and Dave you rate way up there.I had the pleasure of sharing several great times with you and your wife Gail and your both top notch.
By the way the guy listens to every word you say then bombs you with something that you've talked about

Proudly Displayed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.