Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Then your hygrometer is off a few degrees. There should be a screw on the back for adjusting it so that it reads 75 after the salt test. If not, you can write down that you need to subtract 7 from whatever the hygrometer reads.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
I'm not really a fan of analog hygrometers. I have one on the front of a glasstop humi. that's just there to plug up the hole. I threw in a Western Caliber III Digital that's "spot on". All my other humis. have digitals as well.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
IME I have always heard that many analogs are inaccurate more than not. Like Blake stated, you'd be better off going with a digital unit. Easy to use and depending on the one you get they can be very spot on and relatively inexpensive.

·
aka Silky
2,487 Posts
I'm not really a fan of analog hygrometers. I have one on the front of a glasstop humi. that's just there to plug up the hole. I threw in a Western Caliber III Digital that's "spot on". All my other humis. have digitals as well.
In other words, you probably want to invest in digital. But there's a screw slot on the back to adjust generally. But they tend to not stay accurate anyhow. good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The western digi is a great hygro I use them in my humidors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.