Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saint Luis Rey Serie A
Saint Luis Rey (Cuba)
Year: 2003 - Gift from CW SS
Size: Coronas Gordas 46 X 5 5/8
Strength: Light - Med

Wrapper/Construction: Wrapper was a very nice golden brown with minimal veins. Smooth as silk, very toothy. A great looking wrapper, great construction.

Scent: Very nice pre-light aroma. Sweet tobacco

Pre-light draw: Nice tobacco taste with a sweet vanilla-bean taste - At this moment I knew this was going to be good.

Burn: Burn was very good. A little uneven, minor touch-ups needed, but not too bad.

Draw: Draw was very good. Lots of smoke.

Taste: Wow. Very nice. This was my first SLR and it did not dissapoint. This is a light cigar that is big on taste. Faint cedar notes with sweet vanilla bean tobacco taste. Not as sweet as the Cohiba Sig IV, but did display some similarities with the Cohiba in terms of taste. (Yeah I said it!) Great smoke that can be had at a great price!

Hightly recommended. Get a cab.

Notes: Smoked outside with a Sam Adams Boston Lager. This beer was too agressive for this smoke. Something light needs to be had as not to overpower the sublte and delicate tastes of this cigar. Maybe a Belgian White? Water? Sprite?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Saint Luis Rey Serie A

good review. I always smoke my cigars with water, especially if I have never had the cigar before. I do this to get the most out of the flavors without confusing it with what I am drinking.

Eddie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.