Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smoked one today... It was good... But it was a little bit mild... Mild-medium I would describe it... With the same ol cuban flavour...

Have to get back with a new report on this one... A bit dissapointed though, I had expected more... :confused:

3.7-3.8 out of 5.0

·
Registered
921 Posts
Re: Saint Luis Rey Serie A

Surprized you say it was mild or medium.
I think they are the fullest corona gorda.
I smoked one last week that from MAR 03 and it was "ON".
I find it fuller than the Punch Punch, but enjoy the Punch a little more.
I taste this sweetness from that reddish brown wrapper that I really enjoy.
They are both musts for my stock.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

The ones I have smoked are like the way Bruce described his. Mine were really nice. I have yet to go out and buy a box. But they are on my list, along with the Punch Punch.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

First one today. May 03. Very nice. Full rich tasting medium bodied cigar. Sweet earthy flavors. Beautiful looking and ooh the smell when you open the box. What a nice value. These are one of the smoothest I have smoked so far on the slide.

·
-
11,412 Posts

anyone hear from ERDM lately? he hasn't posted in a long while.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Frank and I have been talking about how he's just dropped off of the face of the forum without so much as another word. We've been concerned about him. Hope everything is ok.

·
CS Cog
1,097 Posts

Had one from a 2003 cabinet just now. Frank Sinatra's fav cigar eh? Well I can see ole blue eyes had great taste in many facets of life. A great cigar.

Started off very tangy on the finish, similar to the Regios. I'm starting to dig that flavor.. kind of tweaks my jaws. Mellowed out and was nothing impressive the first inch. Then it turned to an earthy, medium-full flavored stick.. nice flavor, a tad bit of harshness. The last third it became nice and sweet as Bruce5 said.. I swear I tasted hints of fruit. I know that a tight draw can be common amongst Cubans and this one was also plauged with an uneven burn... but then again my humidor has been a tad on the moist side these days. I won't rule this cigar out and can definitely see myself purchasing a box.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

03's are smoking surprisingly well. The 01 cabs are even better!

·
Registered
3,556 Posts

Fredster generously gifted me a 2001 SLR serie A from a cab of his a while back and I finally got around to smoking it last week. This cigar was nothing short of spectacular. A medium full bodied block buster that improved with each draw. A fairly complex earthy flavor with a hint of sweetness. I hated to put this one down. Definitely a finger burner. Thank you Fredster.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

I just smoked a '98 Serie A this past week and found it to be a decent cigar. I'm not good at pointing our flavors and such but I will say the cigar became a bit harsh/hot towards the last 1/4. I still have some more so I'm hoping for a better experience.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.