Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my 2 dogs died today. Damn i am so sad. He was aroudn 7or 8 years old. He had been sick of something like arthritis for some time, but he couldt pass this winters extreme cold. combine that with the rain and damn nothing good for him. His name was Yoshi (hehe used to be a nintendo freak). But i will remember him always :) .

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Willy,

I know it's not very manly to admit but your post brought some water to my eyes. Not to compare but I lost a golden about 4 years ago and I still am sad about it to this day.

My condolences. They really are man's best friend.

While I don't know you let me know if there is anything I can do (i.e., I just heard, this weekend, about a food that is good for stiff joints and adding a little more bounce in an older dog's step)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
An ode to Yoshi.

May he rest in peace, and his memory live forever.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Truely sorry, mano.

S.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
My setter died last spring. Very same eyes as Yoshi. They could have been brothers except for some coloration differences.
It has always been my fervent hope that animals have an afterlife & an automatic pass into heaven. They are, after all, innocence embodied.
I am sure that your love for Yoshi gave him a wonderfully happy life, & you both were very fortunate to have known each other.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Condolances. When I was 18 I lost my Norwiegen elkhound that I grew up with. It hurt bad. But she also had arthritis very bad and I soon realized at least her suffering was at an end. Take care.

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my bluetick coonhound 3 years ago and it just about tore my heart out. But I had many good memories as I know you do also. I know your friend will always be with you in your heart.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I have had to deal with the loss of two dogs in my lifetime. It's not an easy thing to go through. You're not losing a pet, you're losing a member of the family. Keep a picture of him up to help you remember the good times.

pjg

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
So sorry to hear about your Yoshi... all dogs go to heaven!! We have a Pekinese that's 6 yrs old and we'll both be devastated if something happens to him (Dallas). He's Floydp's smoking partner. He goes nuts when he hears the wrapper on a cigar, he knows it's time to go out.

Ms. Floydp

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am SO sorry to hear about Yoshi's passing, WGT.

I'm closer to my dog than I am to most people and I understand what you are going through. My wife has predicted that when my BruBru goes (He's a 9 year-old GSD), I'll fall to pieces for about a week.

My heart goes out to you, bro.

-Quixote

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.