Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there tried the Dupont Cigars. My understanding is that they are relatively new. I haven't seen much discussion on these here. I don't know if they are worth giving a try or not.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I've got part of a box of robustos that I've had for a few months. I started to write this long rant about this cigar, but will just light one up & get beck to this thread.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
The robusto is 4 3/4 x 50 but looks kinda skinny for 50 guage. More like 47. The wrapper is a beautiful shiny chestnut brown.
The cigar is harsh, rough & strong tasting. It does develop an undertone of interesting quality, but I may have to wait quite a while for this cigar to be ready to smoke, if ever.
It also has many burn problems. It burns unevenly, doesn't draw right & requires numerous touch ups with the lighter.
I paid about $100 for a box of these & old Benjiman is still a lot of money to me. When I pay $100 + for a box I expect an enjoyable experience.
I am smoking a La Hoja Selecta Cosiac maduro right now that I picked up for next to nothing on C-bid & it is 5 times the cigar the S.T. Dupont is.
JMHO.
:sb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.