Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eye on a box of these from 98.

They were on the "Habanos for Beginners" list. So, I did a CS search and didn't find much other discussion about them. Also took a look at Top25Cigar. There were relatively few reviews and only a couple of recent reviews ... but both of them, including CarzyFool, seemed to really like them.

Just looking for some more opinions from any of you apes who have experience with these.

· Registered
2,283 Posts
Depends on the price imho but i think these cigars have got a lot of fans and 1998 is some good age.

· Registered
4,005 Posts
I like the PoW, do disrespect to yoshi94564, but its not muted its that the PoWs are a lil milder then the rest of the RyJ line, but again it comes down to pallets. He didnt like it and i like them. They are discontinued and are getting harder and harder to find... IMHO they are gonna be one of those cigars that are gonna become a classic and if not classic; sought after...

· Registered
146 Posts
I have tried several PoW, and do agree that it is lighter then others in that line. But I do like them, very nice cigar. Pick them up, I don't think you will be sorry.

· MoTheMentor
3,261 Posts
The PoW never really did it for me. Personally, I like the stouter Churchill (both Tubo & dress box).

Then again, I remember back in '98 standing there looking at a WHOLE SHELF of PoW boxes at the LCDH I was shopping at. What a sight.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
I had my first POW Friday night at the NYC herf and loved every inch of it. The one I had was from 1999. The draw was great, burn was perfect, the beginning a little flat.....but then it developed into pure smoking bliss!! :ss Too bad these are so darn hard to find!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts