Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow i smoked this cigar last Saturday. It started snowing as i smoked it and snapped some cell phone pictures. I remember looking at the snow and laughing its not even Halloween. Just as i finished the cigar up trees started falling power went out. 3 tress fell in the drive way truck totaled tree fell on the garage i hope they total the Corvette. As i really don't want it fixed. Hopped in the only car i had left my Lincoln MarkVIII. Slid off the road with my children missing a tree that fell in the road. And a car trying to do the same coming at us head on. Spent 3 hours on the side of the road in an embankment no damage at all to us or the car. Heat on making phone calls no one would answer or stop. Then someone stopped said i will be back in 20 minutes you alright i said sure. Came back in a Chevy Silverado 4x4 sweet truck pulled us out. I said thank you what do i owe ya he says errr 20 bucks. I said here kid take a hundred he refused i said its all i got. He said gimmie your address i will mail you the change i told him my address we only live a 1/2 mile apart. Sure enough he shows up 5 days later we talk exchange phone numbers. Every once in a while there are people that renew your faith in society. Enough with this on to the cigar.

As you can see she is a beauty nice roll great looking! Clip the head that beautiful dimple is there that tells me she is going to draw like a dream!

Pre light draw chocolate cinnamon anise leather earth.

1st third
Toasted the foot here we go, rich chewy toffee like smoke layerd with a sour cream like taste.

The black coffee was a perfect compliment to this fine well aged Havana!

2nd third

Thick chewy bellows of smoke continue a semi sweet semi sour creamy taste that is blissful. Smooth complex strong at times but refined. This is what Cuban Cigars are all about!

Last third

As the storm is amping up so is this cigar. The smoke still thick creamy but the only taste that remains. Is a spicy pumpkin or mince pie taste cloves, anise burnt sugar.

So wonderfully powerful and refined are the flavors and the complexity of this cigar i must burn my fingers and nub it!

I am writing this from memory as it was a week ago. But the memory of this fine cigar is embedded in my brain. Much the same way the storm is, somebody up there likes me. I am greatful for all and the chance to share my cigar and story with all of you!
Peace my brothers!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nice review. Its getting harder and harder to resist the cc slope, but one thing at a time. I have a humi and cooler full of nice nc that I am going to work through first.

·
Wild in the Country
2,491 Posts
Very dramatic after the cigar...very nice review.
Did the Insurance agree with you on the damage ?
And the kids, always tough when you cant contact them
in adverse conditions.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reading my review! A round of RYJ Hermosos#2 EL 2004 5 total for all in attendance at the jets game at my house! Home made pizza with extra cheese peperoni and mushrooms homemade Buffalo wings on the BBQ with blue cheese dressing celery sticks! Ice cold Dogfish head 60 and 90 minute IPA'S. Big Jets win and friends to share it with PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Not so young Puffer
636 Posts
Great review as always Tony. That is a cigar I always wanted to try....

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got your P.M Ray gonna get this out to ya in the mail tomorrow with some tag alongs! Will post Dc # peace my brother!

·
King of All Puffer Fish
2,320 Posts
Nice review. Its getting harder and harder to resist the cc slope, but one thing at a time. I have a humi and cooler full of nice nc that I am going to work through first.
Excellent review bro. I love tha ashtray as well. One day I will stumble on one of these bad boys to try for myself!

Don't resist the slope... Jump off.. That way while your working through your NC stash you can have CC's Agin'

Jason

·
Who you calling clown???
3,950 Posts
Nice review as always Tony!

Glad nobody got hurt in the snow mess by you.

Did you need me to pick up the Vette???

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the way Dc# 0310 2640 0001 6684 3442 should land Saturday with 4 tag alongs enjoy bro!

I will miss these.....great review
Very nice review and pics. Glad you weathered the storm; your neck of the woods has had a bullseye on it this year.
Excellent review bro. I love tha ashtray as well. One day I will stumble on one of these bad boys to try for myself!

Don't resist the slope... Jump off.. That way while your working through your NC stash you can have CC's Agin'

Jason
Thanks for stopping by guys and the kind words.

Nice review as always Tony!

Glad nobody got hurt in the snow mess by you.

Did you need me to pick up the Vette???
Actually its in the repair shop after the tree was cleaned up and the debris removed. The damage is mostly cosmetic a new nose blower housing inter-cooler for the super charger. Intake manifold coil packs etc!
Got trailer-ed to the shop gonna get trailer ed home! I hope i get to drive it before i put it away. If not i am leaving the claim open till i can get on it and see whats what!

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,886 Posts
Great review as always Tony.

Here's my thought on these. A fair number of us have smoked a good quantity of these. No reported construction problems. No problems with inconsistency. All reports very good to excellent flavor.

Is this a great cigar or what?

Very rare that we have such unanimity here...

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great review Tony and awesome generosity!
Thanks bro!

Great review as always Tony.

Here's my thought on these. A fair number of us have smoked a good quantity of these. No reported construction problems. No problems with inconsistency. All reports very good to excellent flavor.

Is this a great cigar or what?

Very rare that we have such unanimity here...
Thanks Bob as always coming from you it means alot!
Yes i agree!
Except for the occasional tight draw that can be massaged out. Or stored a couple of R/H point lower i have no complaints at all!
Taste wise they are consistently great!

·
"Witchdoctor"
1,544 Posts
I have never seen one of these, and have searched around a bit, but solely based on what you guys have said, over and over, about these cigars, if I ever find them, I will buy a box sight un-smoked!

I envy you tony for the abundance of awesome cigars you smoke and I hope you continue to enjoy them for a long time, brother.

And keep the reviews coming so we can all live vicariously through you.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Ray you've got mail!~

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf... 0001 6684 3442&qtc_senddate1=&qtc_zipcode1=#

Track & Confirm

03102640000166843442https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf... 0001 6684 3442&qtc_senddate1=&qtc_zipcode1=#

Priority Mail[SUP]®[/SUP]

Delivered

November 12, 2011, 4:29 pm

FORT WAYNE, IN 46805

Expected Delivery By:
November 12, 2011

Delivery Confirmation[SUP]™[/SUP]

Out for Delivery

November 12, 2011, 7:37 am

FORT WAYNE, IN 46805

Sorting Complete

November 12, 2011, 7:27 am

FORT WAYNE, IN 46805

Arrival at Post Office

November 11, 2011, 7:11 am

FORT WAYNE, IN 46805

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

November 11, 2011, 12:02 am

FORT WAYNE, IN 46802

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

November 10, 2011, 5:23 pm

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

November 09, 2011, 6:21 pm

KEARNY, NJ 07032

Dispatched to Sort Facility

November 09, 2011, 6:06 pm

PEEKSKILL, NY 10566

Acceptance

November 09, 2011, 9:13 am

PEEKSKILL, NY 10566

Depart USPS Sort Facility

November 08, 2011

KEARNY, NJ 07032

Your Label Number
Service
Status of Your Item
Date & Time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.