Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow where do i start with this cigar. Started out so meek but what a powerhouse towards the end. It was firmly packed excellent construction. Light barnyard from the foot clipped the head. Draw tight hints of well aged cheese and faint cocoa.

1st 1/3 Sweetness like a watered down simple syrup. Slightly acidic the taste reminded me of a Mojito without the rum. Draw was very tight not much smoke. All that's about to change very shortly.

2nd 1/3 And this is where it gets very interesting. You will notice the ash is very light gray almost white in the first 1/3. In the second 1/3 the ash becomes darker and with it comes a very pleasant change.

Lots of TWANG draw opens up thank GOD Cocoa Smooth buttery smoke. This is refined and sublime all at the same time. Cigar now burning with a thick blue smoke.

You will notice the ash is firm and burns to a point. A sign of well aged well fermented long leaf tobacco.

Last 1/3 and this is something i never expected Loads of Black pepper Twang up the ying yang Camphor long finish. The twang was so strong it was lip smacking. Almost like sucking on a lemon.

This cigar is the classic case of the lamb that turned into a lion. Refined and powerful probably the best RYJ i have ever smoked!

There you have it gentleman the Twang is the Thang!

Thanks Bob for making this happen i really enjoyed this cigar.

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,887 Posts
Beautiful review Tony!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the cigar. Truth is, its a bit nerve wracking to send cigars I love for someone else to review. I do think that the 04 ELs were phenomenal.

The RyJ had some of the texture of Partagas that year I thought. Very un RyJ like.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful review Tony!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the cigar. Truth is, its a bit nerve wracking to send cigars I love for someone else to review. I do think that the 04 ELs were phenomenal.

The RyJ had some of the texture of Partagas that year I thought. Very un RyJ like.
Thanks for the kind words Bob glad you enjoyed it! All that Black Pepper in the last 1/3 reminded me of a Partagas!

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
Nice review and nice pics. I thought someone said you had shaky hands. :D

Have not tried the RyJ Hermoso No. 2 but have had a few of the Hermoso No. 1. Quite similar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.