Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me start off by saying I was very unimpressed by these when I 1st got them, they were harsh and almost acidic. I decided not to worry about them and threw them in the back of my locker for a while.

Well they've been staring at me for a while so I figured I's burn one up and see how they've come along. The cigar would have what I would call a beautiful wrapper, at least not like a Cohiba or Trinidad, it was very rustic and rough but quite oily, it had "character" as they would say.

(Sorry it was very humid out and my camera fogged up)

The cigar cut perfectly and the pre-light draw was nice, the aroma was faint, perhaps light tobacco, nothing overwhelming. The cigar lit perfect and we were off. Wow !! All the acidity and harshness had gone that I remember from last time and I'm left with a very floral taste, perhaps like roses ?!? And a lot of nuttiness and just a bit of spice, the cigar is perhaps medium or maybe light to medium depending on what you smoke regularly.

The cool thing with a Cuban though, is that even the medium and light cigars have loads of flavor, unlike say a Macanudo which is like smoking paper. Anyways, as I smoke the cigar down the draw is spot on with just a little small draws bringing huge plumes of smoke. This cigar is simply tasty, I'm smaking my lips between draws, I mean it's literally making my mouth water. This is a cigar that you stick your nose in between draws because the aroma is so good, you almost feel like you're wasting it when the smoke wasps away. I also see this as a cigar that would be unoffensive to non-smokers and would probably garner praise.

Well I'm taking this bad boy down to the nub, my lips are starting to burn and well it is Texas, so the temp is getting close to 100 !! The cigar never gets harsh even to the end, and I hate to put is out.

I admit I'm surprised I like this cigar so much, perhaps I felt let down before, also for a guy who likes PSD4's, Siglo 2's and 4's, Bolivar RC's and BBF's you's think I wouldn't like this because it is so different from those. But I found it a wonderful change of pace. Also I've said it before, but I'm still mystified by how age can literally change a Cuban cigar, no other region changes so drastically with just a few years, I mean literally night and day !!! Can you tell I enjoyed it !!!

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Re: RyJ Exibition #4 ....AIS JUN 04

Very nice review (love the pictures)! I've never really been a huge fan of these. I think it is because all that I've ever tried have been from a "fresh" dress box. I'd love to get my hands on a cabinet of them with 10-15 years of box age as I've heard that they become superb with ample time...

· Enjoy ya self!
1,505 Posts
Re: RyJ Exibition #4 ....AIS JUN 04

Great review as usual. I have a box from 02 that is smoking great. Wish I had more. I have heard that recent boxes have also been smoking nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.