Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased some more Decade Torpedo's and noticed they were a lot darker than the original release, and the bands were a bit different. Here is a comparison of an '08 (Left) with one I just bought (Right):

Anyone else notice this recently? I have yet to smoke the newer ones so I don't have a basis for comparison yet...

· Registered
569 Posts
I have bought 30 from CI over the past few months. They all have looked like the one on the right. They are outstanding. I haven't noticed a difference from the older ones to the new ones. However, I haven't smoked an older one then a day later smoked the newer one.

That would be interesting.

Enjoy!

· Lakeland Grognard
3,998 Posts
I noticed this as well a while ago. I think I deleted the pictures though from my flickr to clear up space. There were two toros, same shade/band difference, the "new one" being from CI, the old one from a trade. They also put an EL band around the foot of the cigar, which I found to be quite cheesy.

· Registered
676 Posts
I noticed the same thing. The darker one has a singles sticker on the back (came in a 5 pack from texcigars.com). The lighter one came from either CI or CBid. I took a picture, but can't post it until I get a few more posts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.