Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have this very generous friend that does not smoke but loves to pass along the wealth when she can. She recently gave me a few RyJ that I am too unknowledgable to identify.

Slim gold band, black writing, lighter leaf, maybe a churchill but I am bad with sizing and don't have tools. A friend of mine said he thinks they originally came in a tube but I hope that doesn't confuse the situation if hewas wrong.

Who's up to helping be out even though I don't have a digital camera which would make this process much easier? Also, does somebody know where I can find a cigar identification site on the web?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just found a picture of it if someone wants to PM me. Unfortunately I cannot measure it because they are living in my friend's humidor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,743 Posts
Well, I'm no expert in R&J but it could be one of their Reserva Real line or the regular R&J line. The tubos do come with gold band and black writing. So just smoke it and hopefully you'll enjoy it.

edit: As far as id website. I did a quick search on JR since I know they post pics of most of their merchandise. Also looked at an isom retailer online for pics. Or just google. ;)
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
You have a ruler? How long is it? If that is a Dominican RyJ it would be a tubo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,696 Posts
The Dominican version of the Cuban Ryj Churchill was packaged exactly like the Cuban. Churchill sized cigar, gold band, black writing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pds said:
The Dominican version of the Cuban Ryj Churchill was packaged exactly like the Cuban. Churchill sized cigar, gold band, black writing.
So it is very possible that I could never know without an experienced palette?
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
FunkyPorcini said:
So it is very possible that I could never know without an experienced palette?
Take a good sniff or a good suck at the foot. That might be a very good clue.
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
MoTheMan said:
Take a good sniff or a good suck at the foot. That might be a very good clue.
Mo might be on to something here. I get this soy bean/vegetal type pre-light flavor from the Dominican RyJ's.
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
No joking, I give a good sniff & suck on the foot of the cigars (as for other kinds of feet, don't even think about going there :gn ). I've evolved my sense of smell and taste buds so that I can distinguish a lot of nuances from a cigar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MoTheMan said:
No joking, I give a good sniff & suck on the foot of the cigars (as for other kinds of feet, don't even think about going there :gn ). I've evolved my sense of smell and taste buds so that I can distinguish a lot of nuances from a cigar.
I'll have to give that a try but honestly I think I am too green to know the difference. I'll probably let them sit for a while until I get a bit more of a feel for the range of tastes. Or I could send one to someone that may know. Know of anybody that might be a prime candidate? :D
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top