Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this box for about a year and a half in my humi, and I have not smoked one for over a year now. The construction is what you would expect from this vitola, a little rough and a little hard to the touch. Not the worlds most beautiful cigar, but after a little toasting and fireing one up I was delighted. A very powerful cigar, a lot stronger than when I tried them a year ago. The flavor was a little like leather and sweet chocolate, but with that straight tobacco flavor that the Caz is known for. It kept building in strength and finished very strong leaving my lips tongue and nasal passages tingling with numbness. I love it. This box won't last another week. They seem to be really on right now. All I can say is WOW, aging them the extra year was indeed the right thing to do. One of the stronger cigars that I have had as of late, even stronger than the La Corona Coronas from 92. For an ugly stick it sure smokes like a beauty. 93 :D :w

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have about six or seven '95s left and they just keep getting better. Yup, they're ugly, but they sure are good. Wish I'd bought more.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I tried some a while go when they were new and didn't care for them. I thought they were too harsh. Maybe I'll have to get some and put them away for a couple of years.

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
last month i got a couple from '01...was going to wait a month or two and smoke em.now i dont know...may just bury them for a year or two.

derrek :)

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the update. I seem to remember a review of yours a while back and you weren't too impressed. Glad to hear they have come around for you. Sounds like you are going to be having a good weekend smoking the rest of them!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The cazadores are a great old fashion style cigar that are always delicious with some age. I have never had a bad one.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Rick

Thanks for putting to rest the rumor that the Caz doesn't age well.

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I managed to put a good dent in the box, only three left, gonna let them sit a while longer to see if they get even better!!:w

·
Registered
416 Posts
Lamar said:
Rick

Thanks for putting to rest the rumor that the Caz doesn't age well.
Lamar,
Whoever told you caz's didnt age well was feedin you a crock bro.

the entire line of RyJ ages very well!

old(well aged/10+years) cazadores can be very very hard to find
and when you do find them they are costly

k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts