Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a lengthy story, so bear with me. A friend of mine has a box of R&J #4 from nov 04 (Iwill post the factory code later) Everything checked out in this box, but as we all know thats not even a guarantee anymore. We were suspicious cause it was bought in the Bahamas by a friend of his.They are supposedly bought from a shop over there. So he says to me lets do a box split on R&J from your vendor so we can compare the cigars. When the box arrived it was marked as feb05, the seal and everything else checked out but we noticed that the older box had the gold medals raised a lot more than my box. So the question is wether or not this raised medals changed in design from 04 to 05 to a barely noticeable raised medal. I have to favor my vendor, since it is used by some very knowledgeable BOTLs in here, and haven't had any problems with them in the short time I have been using them, instead of some friend of a friend that don't know jack about cuban cigars. However I was intrigued by this difference in the boxes and wanted to find out if there had been a change. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
104 Posts
How many times have you seen the friend of a friend who went on vacation and brought back some cigars? My guess and only a guess....the first box is fake.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
gabebdog1 said:
smokem both and compare :w
. . . and show us some pics.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never had a R&J, so I don't think I'll be able to tell by smoking them since I don't know what they are suppose to taste like, I had one from my vendor's box. It smelled and tasted cuban but very harsh. So they might be in their sick period. Like I said before I don't doubt my vendor, it's just that i have been trying to get my friend to smoke some quality cigars but he kind of took his own way. 2 out of the 5 boxes he has have been proven fake. The first, a box of R&J churchills had short filler inside upon dissection. The second one, supposedly a box from 03, but guess what? Smaller length and RG when compared to another box of churchills he had. Now this are 200 a pop x 5 =1k
He got very upset when I told him about the churchills, (he had gifted me 1 of each, and i found out when I put them side by side) I promised him I would find out more info. I will post pics and box codes soon. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts