Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LLGs,

Does anyone have any comments on any of his cigars: i.e. Puros Indios, Roly, Pirate's Gold? I am interested in all comments.

:u

·
Registered
132 Posts
hey merlin- ive smoked puros indios, pirates gold, cuba aliados, roly, genuine and the jr special coronas. my favorites are the pirates gold and the cuba aliados, my least favorite are the roly and the special coronas. most reyes products have very similar flavors to me, so the differences are not large. lol go for the absolute darkest wrappers you can find with these, imo.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Merlin,

Rolondo Reyes is responsible for the Puros Indios, Roly (PI seconds), and Cuba Aliados brands. Pirates Gold, however comes from Roland Reyes Jr. and was released after RR Jr. left PI.

RR Jr. later went to work for Caribe Tobacco which has since closed. At the RTDA show, we saw RR Jr. back in the PI booth so I guess he has returned home. It remains to be seen if the Pirates Gold brand will continue or where it will be made.

... rjs

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have yet to have a bad pi pruduct. the ones i haven't tried are the special coronas. there is just something about their blends that i love. their maxima reserva line is killer also!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts