Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a road trip yesterday down to the LCDH in Tijuana, Mexico. Went with a friend of mine, Dave S. Had to write in & tell everyone about it.

Well, let me telt you that it was a great trip. The LCDHs worldwide have an excellent reputation for authenticity, customer satisfaction, and generally good selections of Cuban cigars, and the shop in Tijuana did not disappoint. Unfortunately, most of the LCDH's worldwide have to pay luxury & importation taxes in the counrty in which they operate; this often makes the prices on cigars expensive, but not astronomical. Still, this LCDH had a wide assortment of selections that just made my mouth water and heart palpitate with anticipation.

It was great fun to hang out with other very enthusiastic herfs & smoke some great cigars. Got a chance to try a Taboada blend -- strong & delish. But the best part of the trip was meeting 2 of the proprietors of the LCDH, Dave & Moises. What a great pair of hosts they were. Most welcoming, accomodating, and knowledgeable about their products. The LCDH has a small wet bar and, on this Saturday, they even had some catered snacks for patrons to enjoy. If they allowed you, you'd probably want to bring a sleeping bag with you & live there for a few days. I only hope that someday I can create that kind of ambiance in my own home.

Overall, a great experience!!
Hope to herf with some of you there sometime.

MoTheMan

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lost Sailor said:
I hope you got some of the Taboada cigars that the master,Taboada himself, was rolling down there.I've heard excellent reviews of those badboys!
Got a few. A different sort of smoke altogether due to the different blend. Definately takes time to build up the palate to. PM me if you've had experience with them.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coppertop said:
Sounds like a fun trip Mo. Wish I could just run down to Tijuana....I'm jealous. :z
A nice little plus of living here.
Finally made it there in the last few days that Taboada was still around so I got my hands on a few of his blended singles, but missed out on mist of what he's done. If he comes back again, I'll be first in line.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ilikecigars said:
mmmm, i think this ambience you seek would have been obtained if you had smugled ole mr taboada back into the states and hid him in your basement....oops did i say smuggle ? i meant kidnaped.lol
of course he would need the proper leaves for rolling as well..
People from San Diego have told me that they want to bring him to the US for a visit but can't get him a visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts