Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Ask me why I dinged Black
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richmond - the home of tobacco. http://www.corpipesmokers.org/expo.html

24th Annual CORPS Exposition & Celebration

Richmond, Virginia - 3-5 October, 2008

Join us in our 24th Annual Celebration of the Pipe!

Celebrating the Founding of America and the Enjoyment of PIPES & TOBACCO for 400 Years!

All of the great CORPS Expo events will be happening + MORE! Join fellow pipe smokers, makers, tobacco blenders and friends from around the WORLD!

Sample Tobacconists' great blends - find your own Arcadia! Marvel at pipe makers' latest creations! Exhibit your own collection of pipes and smoking related tobacciana, or just come and enjoy the exhibits and events! There is always something for Cigar Smokers too!
GENTLEMEN (and Ladies) YOU MAY SMOKE!

Holiday Inn Select - Koger South Conference Center - 10800 Midlothian Tnpk, Richmond, VA

Make your room reservations now (804) 379-3800 - Mention the CORPS or "Pipe Smokers" for special room rates!

· Chest Beating Pack Leader
3,551 Posts
since this will be my fist show i've got a question for some of the vets here. are there good deals to be found here or am I better off ordering a pipe online or buying one at the b&m and just going to show and enjoying it or should i be on the hunt for a pipe there?

G

·
since this will be my fist show i've got a question for some of the vets here. are there good deals to be found here or am I better off ordering a pipe online or buying one at the b&m and just going to show and enjoying it or should i be on the hunt for a pipe there?
Go to hunt, nothing like viewing 1000s of pipes where one can hold and inspect in great detail what their hearts desire. You may not find what you seek but more times than not someone got something with your name on it.

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Some great deals AND steals can be found at Pipe Shows, especially when it gets close to closing time.
Bought many pipes at almost 50% off at pipe shows.....plus it's fun to haggle with the pipe makers/dealers, and get to know them.

Also, be on the lookout for rare/vintage tobaccos at very reasonable prices.........not like Ebay.

· Ask me why I dinged Black
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Root's Pipe Show Wisdom

- bring a pocket-LED flashlight for looking clearly into pipe bowls to inspect for draft hole location, cracks, etc. Very handy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.