1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
La Finca -- Robustos Black (4.5x50)
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig_view&itemcode=LFRO3
Wrapper: NIC Binder: NIC Filler: NIC

1) Look: Very nice deep chestnut brown smooth wrapper, dry.
2) Pre-lit Aroma: earthy and satisfying
3) Feel: smooth and dry, almost dusty
4) Finger Roll: solid but not hard
5) Draw: smooth and easy with lots of smoke
6) Lit Aroma: nothing special but not offensive
7) Strength: medium to full
8) Taste: unique; I am not very good at picking out flavors. This cigar has a very pleasant unique palate.
9) Ash: solid and has a striped white-gray color
10) Finish After-taste: pleasant and long lasting.

11) Bottom Line: This is an excellent value in a cigar imho, coming in at about $1.15 a cigar. Over the last week I have smoked 5, right out of the box from JR -- in prime condition for my tastes. I had one that was a bit hard on the draw, but very smokeable and cleared up halfway through. One had an irregular burn, one side was reluctant to follow, but nothing serious that a few touches with the lighter couldn't fix. The other three were flawless. I really enjoy these cigars and will definitely make them a permanent resident in the humidor.

RM

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: Review -- La Finca

Roger Nice review. I really like the way that you broke down your review into categories. Very nice review.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

Nice post Roger.

BTW, do you have any rooms to let? I have $.050. :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Great review! Thanks!!!!

:u

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts

La Finca got me though a big chunk of the boom until the bastards at CI gave it a 91 rating. It is not a 91 cigar, however it is a decent tasting well constructed consistant smoke. There are a lot of botique brands selling $4 - $6 sticks that are nowhere near as consistant as La Finca.

I have been meaning to try their Maduro Robusto for a while now - they only have the maduro in that size.

Matt

·
Registered
132 Posts

havent had a la finca in a while, bought an ammo can full of the mix fill toros jr sells when i was starting out and have remained burned out on them. the last one i had was not an especially memorable smoke but it gave a lot of value for the price imho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.