Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided this afternoon, with St. Patrick's Day looming, to fire up the Drew Estates Irish Hops that's been resting in my humidor. Wanted to pair it with a Guiness, but didn't have one in the fridge. So I popped open a Lagunitas Zappa Stout.

The Irish Hops is a beautiful cigar, with a nice aroma. I knew it was flavored, but was nonetheless the surprised by sweetness. It was way too sugary. My goatee was syrupy through the whole thing. Blech. Plus, pairing it with a malty stout was probably a poor choice.

But for the sweetness, the Irish Hops would have been a great cigar. The draw was perfect, as was the construction. The ash held for over three inches, as was a beautiful white.

I enjoyed it, but I don't believe I'll pick up any more of these. I'm impressed with the Drew Estates blends and construction, but I have concluded that flavored smokes aren't for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc. Just my 2d review. I know that a lot of folks are opinionated about the Drew Estates Acids, and I bought the Irish Hops knowing that. I had hoped to enjoy it more, but the flavor was too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.