Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could we maybe have just a reply button, instead of having to copy the entire PM we received into our replies? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
DonJefe said:
Could we maybe have just a reply button, instead of having to copy the entire PM we received into our replies? Thanks.
This is a weird one. I can't seem to find this option in the software. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm constantly bumping up against the character limit in PM's. Anyone else? I don't understand why we can upload whole images (something you usually can't do on a forum because it takes up so much space), but you can only use 1250 characters in a private message. Would it really take up so much CS space if we could type longer messages?
-eef

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
eef said:
I'm constantly bumping up against the character limit in PM's. Anyone else? I don't understand why we can upload whole images (something you usually can't do on a forum because it takes up so much space), but you can only use 1250 characters in a private message. Would it really take up so much CS space if we could type longer messages?
-eef
Not really, but the intention of PM's was for Private Messages, not to replace email. How many characters do you think it should be? I don't want to set it to unlimited, as we don;t need "War and Peace" being sent via PM! ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts
pds said:
Not really, but the intention of PM's was for Private Messages, not to replace email. How many characters do you think it should be? I don't want to set it to unlimited, as we don;t need "War and Peace" being sent via PM! ;)
I don't know- I don't wanna be a whiner! what about a high number that would more rarely be bumped into, like 5,000 or something. SOmething you would hardly ever hit unless you were on a serious rampage? I don't know, I run a forum for my band that stays pretty busy and there's no text limit on PM's, it's never been a problem.

It's PM's I have done in trades and stuff where I try to give a discription of each cigar I am sending and I have to narrow each doscription down to like a sentence or two if I'm sending like 6 cigars.

So that's my little note in the ol' suggestion box- and it's not even a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.
-eef

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for looking into it Paul. The character limit was one reason I suggested this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.