Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great deal on 10 Rocky Patel REO Robusto's at Joe Cigar.

10 sticks for $17.99 and free shipping!

My first REO was gifted to me by Syekick in a contest that I had won. I loved the cigar and was looking for a good deal on a fiver or mazzo. This came at a perfect time with each cigar being under 2 bucks a pop.

Just figured I would pass it on and let you know its only good for today only. (9/8/07)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/spec_jc.asp

CI's Joe Cigar promotion is kick-ass! This is the second deal I've taken advantage of and have saved a bunch of cash.

:ss

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Thanks for the heads up... good cigar! :ss

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'll throw in as well, this is an excellent stick, as good or better than Rocky's other stuff. I found them to be a refreshing change, one of my favorite sticks. This is one of only two box-press cigars i've liked.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just so you know, it's not a Rocky Patel cigar...it's a United Tobacco cigar.
"This box-pressed lovely is blended by Rocky Patel and hand-crafted in Nestor Plasencia's Honduran factory. It's composed of a robust blend of Honduran and Nicaraguan long-fillers, inside a dark, 5-year old Costa Rican Sumatra wrapper. After a patient aging process, REO delivers a wonderful, slow-burning smoking experience. Sit back and relax as layers of rich, spicy flavors swarm the palate before a smooth, earthy aftertaste finishes each puff. Tasty, from A to Z. "

·
-FIMBULVETR-
1,614 Posts
Had one a few nights ago, and loved it. So I pulled the trigger on the Joe Cigar deal and ordered 3 10 packs. gonna smoke some here and there and let the 20 take a long nap.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
"This box-pressed lovely is blended by Rocky Patel and hand-crafted in Nestor Plasencia's Honduran factory. It's composed of a robust blend of Honduran and Nicaraguan long-fillers, inside a dark, 5-year old Costa Rican Sumatra wrapper. After a patient aging process, REO delivers a wonderful, slow-burning smoking experience. Sit back and relax as layers of rich, spicy flavors swarm the palate before a smooth, earthy aftertaste finishes each puff. Tasty, from A to Z. "
Yep, blended by RP, not made nor sold by RP. Not an RP cigar.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm on it too... seems like the Joe Cigar deal gets me every 4-5 days. I had no prior experience with these so it was the recommendation of the group here that got me to pull the trigger on this one. CS greases the already slippery slope again. :tu

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Where's his name on it? I don't see it anywhere...still not an RP cigar.

I guess that means most of CAO's cigars aren't really CAO's either...they're Toranos?
I guess I thought it was "REO by Rocky Patel", but apparently it's just "REO". CBid always has "REO by Rocky Patel" for the item name (http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=484854). Either way, he blended it, so I would consider it a Rocky Patel. According to the description in the auction I just linked to, it's a "joint venture between Rocky Patel and United Tobacco". So that's good enough for me to call it a Rocky. It is also a United Tobacco cigar. It can be both...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.