Cigar Forums banner
161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
just picked up a shaman in cruwear and a delica in super gold 2 steel....never even heard of that steel but WOW its scary stuff...got a lot of sharp knives but not like this absurdness View attachment 279640
Nice!

I got a new pm2 in 10V which is another crazy steel. The scales are rgt micarta. I also replaced the marbled carbon fiber scale on the ZT 470 with micarta. White Light Tool Knife Composite material

Sent from the Devonian

·
I'll have a maduro thanks
967 Posts
Swiss Army Cigar

I use the large punch cutter on this baby all the time. It's got scissors and nice slim blade too. Handy for snipping loose pieces of wrapper and cap and separating stubborn bands too.

I don't know if they're made anymore but any cigar smoking knife nut should have one.

By the way, why do my pictures always want to rotate themselves?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
have been carrying a spyderco endura in VG 10 for a bit....its an ok steel but doesn't hack it for me...dulls quicker than I like but the endura is awesome...3.8 blade, light, doesn't take up much pocket space, nice ergos so got an endura in ZDP 189...I thought SG2 was a sharp japanese steel lol....this will stay in the pocket for awhile
Knife Blade Hunting knife Terrestrial plant Composite material

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
I carry a Benchmade AFO II. It looks a little rough, but its scars are well earned. For the last 7 years, this thing has served me as far south as Honduras, as far north as The Northwest Territories, both the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, and most places in between, as well as three countries in the EU.

I've carried a pocket knife since I was in eight years old, having always been a fan of Case pocket knives. I thought people were nuts for paying $100 and up for a pocket knife until I found a Benchmade in a mud hole. I carried that AFO (v1) for three years and a stroke of bad luck got the better of it. I lost it under my lawnmower deck one terrible July day and it was absolutely destroyed. It broke my heart, but Benchmade gives a great discount to first responders and this AFO II has been with me since.

Pictured with a few of my other frequently carried pocket items, some of which as not quite as well travelled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Nice looking set can't beat a quality Firearm and knife!:vs_cool:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
@huffer33 Nice Atom. I just scored some Neutrons in the recent drop last week, but I'm really after an Atom or Shadow, or both.

Another drop of Atoms coming in April, but I think the Shadows are going to be tough to get for a while.
Thanks. I really hate chasing after things so I was very happy that a friend reached out to me when he wanted to pass it on.

Sent from the Devonian

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
New scale for the 0562 a little while back

TRM Atom I got a while back

Emerson A100 from another forum friend - micarta scales and a .45 cal. thumb disk.

Very nice Elmax blade blank I finished out with a special handle material I got from my dad.

Very handsome looking knives!:vs_cool:

Reactions: huffer33

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
@huffer33 Agreed. I literally learned at TRM 3 days before this release of Neutron 2's. They mentioned they would have a drop on a certain day in a 2 hour window. I set a few reminders in my calendar and opened up their website while I was in a meeting. I hit refresh after my presentation and they were live. I went ahead and bought 3, hoping I could use one of the extras the horse trade for an Atom.

If your interested in a Neutron 2, let me know. I'd be happy to pass one of these on to you for what I paid... I don't have them yet, but they are scheduled to ship this week.

Erik

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
@huffer33 Agreed. I literally learned at TRM 3 days before this release of Neutron 2's. They mentioned they would have a drop on a certain day in a 2 hour window. I set a few reminders in my calendar and opened up their website while I was in a meeting. I hit refresh after my presentation and they were live. I went ahead and bought 3, hoping I could use one of the extras the horse trade for an Atom.

If your interested in a Neutron 2, let me know. I'd be happy to pass one of these on to you for what I paid... I don't have them yet, but they are scheduled to ship this week.

Erik
Thanks for the very generous offer Erik and sorry for the slow reply (been slammed at work). I think I will hold off at this time as I'm focused more on getting some more blanks to finish out for family & friends right now.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Lately I've been carrying my Large Sebenza with Insingo blade. They're the normal Micarta inlay scales that I dyed black about 7 years ago. Once upon a time I met Chris Reeve at Blade show and after looking over this very knife for a few minutes, I'm still not sure he approved.

View attachment 305905
Nice, the dye held up well. I have the CF one from about that time period. Great slicer and such a satisfying lock-up.

·
Registered
Both
60 Posts
Nice, the dye held up well. I have the CF one from about that time period. Great slicer and such a satisfying lock-up.
Thank you, the CF version was actually the inspiration. At one point I had it and as much as I liked how it looked I was looking for something with a bit more purchase in the hand. The CF is a little too slick for my greasy self. LOL. If you search on YouTube I had a pretty extensive video of some of the inlay versions I've had. At one point I had about 20 that I sold off to fund other interests... like Pipes and Cigars. ;)

161 - 180 of 182 Posts