Cigar Forums banner
121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Banned
4,066 Posts
Ok.. you had me worried .. I gonna suggest a few life choice changes if you needed all that to go out .. lol

I've seen those guys in you tube. Their EDC consists of 2 guns, extra mags, knife, flashlight, tourniquet and a first aid kit. How many pockets do these guys have? lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I know a guy like that. Carries more EadC stuff than an infantry soldier to walk around our little, crimeless town. He calls it prepared, I call it compensating. Don't get me wrong, I always carry a knife and usually a pistol, but all that crap he carries is overkill.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Ok.. you had me worried .. I gonna suggest a few life choice changes if you needed all that to go out .. lol

I've seen those guys in you tube. Their EDC consists of 2 guns, extra mags, knife, flashlight, tourniquet and a first aid kit. How many pockets do these guys have? lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I got pockets in my pockets 'yo!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I know a guy like that. Carries more EadC stuff than an infantry soldier to walk around our little, crimeless town. He calls it prepared, I call it compensating. Don't get me wrong, I always carry a knife and usually a pistol, but all that crap he carries is overkill.
I have the requisite pack for functioning in academia with a bunch of cool stuff that is usually within a few minutes walk (car, office, etc.) if not with me. I don't keep guns or ammo in there but have first aid stuff, light, lighter, knives, pens, notebook, laptop, rain gear, cord, smoking accessories, a CPR mask, pants for if I ride the bike (always wear gear), aspirin, tums….

·
Banned
4,066 Posts
I have the requisite pack for functioning in academia with a bunch of cool stuff that is usually within a few minutes walk (car, office, etc.) if not with me. I don't keep guns or ammo in there but have first aid stuff, light, lighter, knives, pens, notebook, laptop, rain gear, cord, smoking accessories, a CPR mask, pants for if I ride the bike (always wear gear), aspirin, tums….
I keep a bug-out bag in the car and in the house just in case. Its proven to be worth it's weight in gold on a few different occasions.

·
Banned
1,720 Posts
On days off I only have a knife.
Can't carry pistols up here. (except when I'm at work).
When at work, it's 2 knives, my 9mm and a tourniquet.

Reactions: Jankjr

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Funny thing on this topic I just noticed tonight that these Eddie Bauer pants I have several of and have worn regularly for years just have false stitching across the watch pocket. It is actually deep - this is with a (pretty big ass) ZT 0562 on a deep carry clip (it is over double the length of the clip). Nice - it is completely out of the way of the main pocket and completely enclosed on its own.

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
I've been debating selling my full size 1911 and getting something more carry friendly, either a Sig P365 or a Colt Defender.

Sent from somewhere on the road.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Twats for sure. If you are smart and observant you scoot away from trouble and if inna pinch you can do G.Gordon Lifdy and stab them with a pencil. You can use you clothes as first aid and needle nose pliers.

Dudes thinking their Bear Grylls in the Congo make me chuckle. The character John Goodman played in the Bog Lebowski. Being invisible is the best. Chameleon-like not, Harry Potter-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,610 Posts
Kershaw AM-3 has been my "pocket pal" of late. I have no illusions of carrying a blade for self-defense. It's strictly a tool, mostly for opening cartons and other warehouse work. A larger blade would would be a hindrance, but easy one-handed assisted opening is a plus.

Water Wood Tree Plant Landscape

Could probably dig up something else when the mood suits...

Wood Tool Knife Hand tool Utility knife

·
Super Moderator
8,610 Posts
Not me, I'll go full prison shank on a fool. >:)
I don't have anger issues, but woe to the poor soul that flips my switch.
I think I was in 3rd or 4th grade when I got my first pocket-knife of my own, a Scout knife. I carried it to school every day (yes, that was allowed back then). I daydreamed that if a man-eating tiger escaped from the zoo and jumped through the classroom window I would whip out my trusty pocket-knife and save the whole class... well, except for this one kid who used to call me names on the playground at recess; I'd let the tiger maul him before I sprang into action. Alas, no tiger ever appeared.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I think I was in 3rd or 4th grade when I got my first pocket-knife of my own, a Scout knife. I carried it to school every day (yes, that was allowed back then). I daydreamed that if a man-eating tiger escaped from the zoo and jumped through the classroom window I would whip out my trusty pocket-knife and save the whole class... well, except for this one kid who used to call me names on the playground at recess; I'd let the tiger maul him before I sprung into action. Alas, no tiger ever appeared.

That tiger knew better.... :vs_laugh:

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Handgun I miss most. Colt.380 Mustang single action. I had a trigger job done on it, front sight removed and had it PVC gnome coated. It was my favorite to shoot and carry. Literally the tiny brother of the 1911 but almost hides me behind and open hand.
Good grip too, though I had a thin grip just to keep the size manageable.

I looked at a Pony I could have purchased in NY state. The Pony was about the same size but only double action. When it’s that compact double action costs accuracy.

I liked the little Beretta .32 cal Tomcat too, but clearly inferior to the Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: huffer33
121 - 140 of 182 Posts