Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been awhile since we talked knives wi carry on us or have in the car.

I’ve used a Cold Steel Ti-Lite with in the pocket clip for quite some time and I keep a small SOG Pentagon and a baby Kershaw in the car, but I’ve decided to change things up.

I bought 2 knives. The Kershaw/Al Mar assist folding knife was priced so well I thought I would give it a try.

For a smaller pocket knife I bought the Pro-Tech Godson Auto. I’ve never had a good auto. My dad brought me back a cheap switchblade from Italy that was total garbage.

I watched a lot of videos and researched Pro-Tech. The Godfather, one is out of stock it requiring pre-order almost everywhere. A 3” thin blade is good for me. I’m looking for a good whittling knife that isn’t a specific wood working knife. I saw some Al-Mars, which I have loved in last days but pricy though good looking for a 2” blade knife.

Anyhow I’m looking forward to seeing these new additions. I’m getting to old to be hauling around knifes that are almost 5” when closed, even with a pocket clip.

I’ll post pictures when they arrive.

Anybody recently change up their EDC pocket knife lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Duper Puffer Fish
1,845 Posts
It's been awhile since we talked knives wi carry on us or have in the car.

I've used a Cold Steel Ti-Lite with in the pocket clip for quite some time and I keep a small SOG Pentagon and a baby Kershaw in the car, but I've decided to change things up.

I bought 2 knives. The Kershaw/Al Mar assist folding knife was priced so well I thought I would give it a try.

For a smaller pocket knife I bought the Pro-Tech Godson Auto. I've never had a good auto. My dad brought me back a cheap switchblade from Italy that was total garbage.

I watched a lot of videos and researched Pro-Tech. The Godfather, one is out of stock it requiring pre-order almost everywhere. A 3" thin blade is good for me. I'm looking for a good whittling knife that isn't a specific wood working knife. I saw some Al-Mars, which I have loved in last days but pricy though good looking for a 2" blade knife.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to seeing these new additions. I'm getting to old to be hauling around knifes that are almost 5" when closed, even with a pocket clip.

I'll post pictures when they arrive.

Anybody recently change up their EDC pocket knife lately?

I've owned a couple protech autos. They are great knives.

·
><(((º>
2,927 Posts
My all time favorite EDC knife is my Spyderco Paramilitary 2... best pocket knife ever imo...

Picture taken about 6 years ago... it's well used now and still going strong.

I'm like PTAaron, I'm constantly rotating my EDC knife.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm always rotating the knives I carry based on whatever I may be doing that day...but my all time favorites are easily anything CRKT...carry my Hissatsu a lot just because I love the look and feel of it

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts

I've carried Benchmade knives for about 15 years.

The one on the right is my oldest. Lots of hard use on that one, and never failed me.

The one on the left belonged to one of my greatest mentors and friends. When he passed away his wife gave me all of his guns and his brand new Benchmade he had purchased just a few months before he passed. Benchmade laser etched the blade for free at Shot Show a few years ago.

The one in the center is my current EDC. Obviously it's been rode hard. Benchmade accidently etched the memorial into this knife's blade instead of my friends a few years ago. They replaced the blade in my EDC for free, no questions asked.

Taz

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
The mini-grip probably gets the most pocket time. Recently changed out the black painted clip. The Osborne is very hard to beat for the amount of blade and the weight. I like wharncliffes, they work well for mushroom collecting. The large Sebenza is also really light and carries small for being a beast of a knife.

And for more old school, the Carter is a favorite all around.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
My current rotation...

Strider SMF with custom Acid Washed Blade
Rick Hinderer XM-3.5 Harpoon Working Finish Bronze
Benchmade Mini Skirmish
Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese Folder

Attachments

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
...and for fun, I thought I would throw in a pic of my wife's EDC. She loves Skull gear, so I commisioned David Curtiss to make a custom Full Ti Nano with relief Punisher Skull over a hammered finish. This little thing is very cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a good amount of fixed blades. If I go out of town, I usually have one with me.

I decided to use my REI 20% discount on a Benchmade mini griptillian.

I may buy a SpiderCo Para2 as an alternative to fixed blades, though I’ve never had issues at borders with packed fixed blade but they always want to see folders. Go figure.

Long ago I carried Gerber Applegate-Fairborn minis and loved them. My A-hole son stole them along with much of my knives etc.

A knife and ID/Cash/CC are the best things to always have when you leave the house. I’m the same way with a watch and a belt. Just because you can use the belt for so many things in a pinch.

Some nice knives. I guess I will start rotating as well.

·
Dark n' Dirty
709 Posts
Been a while since I checked in since the winter slows down the cigar hobby for me. While I have many, here is what I've been rotating the past few months. The P2 gets 80% of the pocket time, followed by the Cutjack.

@SoCal Gunner, hope you are enjoying the Cutjack, just stropped mine up yesterday. Such great ergos for a $35 knife.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Weekdays, it's the Grab and Stab fixed blade for social events and the Case knife for letter opening.
Weekends it's the ZT folder with a Glock to keep it company. The olight goes with all the above.

Eyewear Font Cable Wire Tool

1 - 20 of 182 Posts