Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, when Mo piped up & said he would take my cigars in the pif thread, my heart lurched a little. I don't think of myself as having a small collection, but sending cigars to Mo, was kind of like sending Bibles to the Pope.

I drug my feet, waiting for some new shipments & a thought germinated in my mind. Wouldn't it be cool, I said to myself, if someone sent Mo cigars & he had no way to pay them back? I PMed a fellow BOTL & told him of my plan & not to give Mo my addie. My plan was to 5 pack Mo to death & give him no way to pib, therefore, driving him nuts. All good fun right? That's what I thought.

Yet.....something bothered me about the plan. I sure didn't want to pull a "Kerry" (heehee) & waffle. I put my diabolical plan into effect & mailed a 5 pack on Thursday & another on Friday. This week, I was going to do another on Wed & another when the whim hit me. Yet......something was bothering me.

Let me regress a moment here. Earlier this summer a gentleman by the name of Tony Beltrisi helped me hook up with the Operation from the Heart program. It is an effort that was founded by Tony to organize BOTL/SOTL in sending care packages of cigars, & other needed items to the troops in Iraq. At the top of the list of needs were letters from home. Someone taking the time to write & help bolster the moral of these young men who were in harms way.

This summer I send 3 packages to a USMC unit outside of Fallujah. In return, I received 3 letters from the guys & let me tell you, it was the best money I ever spent in my life. It has been one of the most richly rewarding experiences of my life. I carry those letters with me everywhere I go.

The unit I "adopted" has rotated back to the States & I recently heard from the 1st Sgt. A new unit has taken their place.

Last Tuesday Tony Beltrisi & his wife Sara were involved in a tragic automobile accident. Sara was killed. Tony's spine was severed in the accident & he lies in a hospital IC unit.

I realized that what was bothering me was my conscience. I haven't sent the new boys a package or letter yet. If your gonna mail Bibles, don't send em to the Pope, my conscience said, send em to someone who needs em.

Mo, I'm not going to send anymore cigars to you (hell, I know you didn't need em anyway :p ).

If anyone on this forum wants to get in the game, I'm sure there are many local drives in your area & they would appreciate your help & LETTERS. If you are interested in the effort that I am humbly grateful to be involved with....www.opfth.org or www.opfth.com.

God bless.

:z

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I'm in.
I'll send 10 sticks. Let me know what kind of sampler you'd like sent.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're alright Mo. I don't care what Churchlady says aboutcha. :D

You can mail direct:

1st Sgt Link, Bryan M
2nd LAR BN A CO HQ PLT
Unit 73510
FPO-AE 09509-3510

Or you can e-mail Clint Green at:

clint at opfth dot org

Clint will make sure you are hooked up with an address of the OPFTH program administrator in your region of the country. They send bi-monthly packages.

DON'T FORGET TO WRITE!!

P.S.
Mo,
No Cubans! It wouldn't do to have the US military flying illegal contraband.....plus, it has to go through customs & be declared. :u

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
kansashat said:
Mo,
No Cubans! It wouldn't do to have the US military flying illegal contraband.....plus, it has to go through customs & be declared. :u
Yeah! Figured as much.
They're US citizens & military to boot. Wouldn't want to cause a racaus.(sp?).

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx mr. c!

You know that whole thing didn't gel in my head til after I posted my diabolical taunt to St. Mo. I had to drive some videos in to town to return them to the video store & I had a few minutes to think. It was then that I realized why I was troubled.

BTW, it was not my intention to guilt trip anybody, but I felt compelled to share my feelings with my friends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.