Cigar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... although I was a little disappointed in their response time. Given that there are 2 stations within 2 miles on the same road, I would think that they would have arrived in less than the 15-20 minutes it took them.

Anyways, I was awaken at 4am by what sounded like a gorilla size torch lighter going off. I went to my window to find a wall of fire exteding down the property line. It was no more than about a minute from the time that I got up, called 911, and ran outside. Luckily, I woke up in time to stop the fire from spreading... since the pine needles and leaves were very dry. If it had been just a couple minutes later, I probably would have been awaken by the house being on fire.

It ends up the neighbor's propane tank on the grill had a rupture. I'm assuming that some type of flying debris caused a spark and ignited the fumes. The flame shot pretty far down the fence. The area around the fence was on fire, as well as the neighbors hot tub. I've included a photo showing the area. The dark area around the fence up to the houses shows where the fire was.

I'd just like to remind everyone to becareful with their gas grills, or this can happen.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Good work B

Holy crap! What the hell is going on with all these fires??? Glad you are safe Brandon.
SB

·
Registered
283 Posts
Re: Good work B

SilvrBck said:
Holy crap! What the hell is going on with all these fires??? Glad you are safe Brandon.
SB
yeah, what's up with san diego?

we all thought it would be the earthquakes that would finally do it, but...

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
San Diego!
Earthquakes,
Fires,
Tsunamis,
Tourists.

If not one thing, it's another.

Whew! Glad everything's OK though.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
You sure one of the SoCal crew that meets at poker's every Saturday wasn't in town to start that?

Whenever it drops below 70 degrees they have to start up the fire pit to keep from freezing. :D

PS: Glad you're OK Bran. Scary stuff. :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny thing happened... through the smoke, I saw what appeared to be a Japanese guy, black guy, Chinese guy, Jewish guys, and a couple Mexicans whom all seemed to be smoking cigars ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brandon said:
Funny thing happened... through the smoke, I saw what appeared to be a Japanese guy, black guy, Chinese guy, Jewish guys, and a couple Mexicans whom all seemed to be smoking cigars ;)
Dude, you got to kick that Opium habit......:r

1 - 15 of 15 Posts