Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week was a revelation for me....

I finished having a few cigars that were resting for a while in my humidor....
they were not that good. I finished neither of them. I was annoyed yesterday.

My palate wants MORE.

I need something affordable-- around 100 or less a box, just to start.

If you may, do you have any suggestions for me to start?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Some of my favorites around that price are

Bolivar PC
Monty #4
Party PCE
Party Short
Hoyo plams extra
San cristobal de la habana principe

I find all of them to be very good cigars for the price and they blow most NCs for a similar price out of the water.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of my favorites around that price are

Bolivar PC
Monty #4
Party PCE
Party Short
Hoyo plams extra
San cristobal de la habana principe

I find all of them to be very good cigars for the price and they blow most NCs for a similar price out of the water.
The partagas shorts have been mentioned a lot...

Maybe that should be my first box.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Plus 1 on the shorts...

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Any petite corona is a great start they offer loads of flavors for little money!
The Partagas short is my favorite the most powerful little cigar on the planet.
Most important thing to do is up your credit limit the slop is a slippery steep one!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I may go aginst what everyone else said, but... I would recomend getting 5 of each (3 or 4 different smokes) that way you could try different brands and flavor profiles. One of my favorite's right now is the HdM Epi 2. If your set on a box most PC's will be good and keep you under your budget.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may go aginst what everyone else said, but... I would recomend getting 5 of each (3 or 4 different smokes) that way you could try different brands and flavor profiles. One of my favorite's right now is the HdM Epi 2. If your set on a box most PC's will be good and keep you under your budget.
I was thinking about that as well.

But I know I have to AGE many before they peak.

I have a craving NOW. Too many [email protected]#y smokes have left me in a foul mood.

·
Registered
317 Posts
totally agree with the parti shorts (my favorite) but you might also try the super partagas, ramon allones small club corona, or the diplomatico #5. They are all well within your price point.

·
Who's your diety?
1,338 Posts
I was thinking of something along the same lines, but a little bit higher end. Not much, but a little. I was thinking a range of $125-150. I had been thinking of going with Bolivar as a first box purchase, since I normally see "can't go wrong" associated with this cigar....either PCs, RCs, or BBFs. I'd probably put the majority of them back to rest, but would want to smoke maybe one or five now. Any input on this? And don't think I'm stuck on just Bolivar. If you have an opinion on a better option, throw it out there.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but also didn't want to start multiple threads with the same basic question.

·
Nee "Tashaz"
11,733 Posts
My vote is Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas. These smoke good with little rest. I'm not a fan of the Party Shorts young myself (Profile seems to try too hard) but many like them.

·
Son of Tun
9,316 Posts
Upmann Corona Major
RASCC
Party Short, or Corona Senor
Monte 4
San Cristobal El principe (sp ?)

If you like Spice, Party
If you like Woodsy Semi sweet cocoa , Monte

I go thru a lot more
Upmann, Rascc and Monte, more than the others.....

So buy 5'ers

·
Son of Tun
9,316 Posts
My vote is Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas. These smoke good with little rest. I'm not a fan of the Party Shorts young myself (Profile seems to try too hard) but many like them.
Warren
again is correct
I find the party short to be ok young,,,,,,,the others in my list are better young.

If you get the short witth 2 yrs on it,,,that is a differant story

1 - 15 of 15 Posts