Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm sure that most of you know, a certain Vendor was having a sale on different combo's of smokes. Coppertop and I decided to go in on one of the Combo's...... we decided on the Cab of RASS and the box of Monte 2's.

Now damn is my mouth watering in anticipation for those guys to get here. Box code on the RASS is ENH SEP04, now I know that a lot of you guys age the crap outta your smokes before you give 'em the old test run. I've searched the forums and found suggestions on aging the Monte 2's, most gorillas seem to agree that a year to two years makes these smokes exemplary.

My question is, how much aging is necessary on the RASS in order to reach their greatest potential? I've tried some that were young and they were very tasty and quickly went to the top of my list of favorites. I've heard their flavor profile doesn't change that much until at least 2 years of age, is this true? Would it be better to buy another CAB to age for a couple of years and just smoke this one immediately?

C'mon guys, you know you want to weigh in on this one :D

·
-
11,412 Posts
i know a lot of guys responded to D. Generates "1st cuban cigar" question that a young RASS is good... i disagree. every young RASS i've had hasn't been worth smoking.

i have had a few (very few) with some age on them, only about 2 yrs. but those 2 years really smoothed those out.

i'm speaking from limited experience though, but i haven't liked a single young one yet.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awwwww shucks......... Thanx Bruce........ now I'm getting all embarassed :)

Seriously though Bruce, you're the guy who got me started on this crazy path. You are my original GodFather........ what can I say..... you made me an offer I couldn't refuse :D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think pretty much all smokes are gonna improve with age. The 04's overall have been pretty good though. I enjoyed the 04 RASS I tried. Give one a try and if you like it, pick up a cab to age, they will only get better. I saw a thread on another board asking about aging RASS, and most folks recommended at least 5 years. I'd have to buy several cabs for one to make it that long!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
And another thing XXX, I just bit on their last 2 box special, now ya gotta be reminding me of this one! :c

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
Ok there's a correction to the box codes. Sorry I'm a little slow on the draw sometimes :D

Monte 2 GKI DEC03
Man, seems everything from GKI (Partagas) last couple years has been great. Also, all the cigars from late 03 seem to be particulary good. These should be great smokes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts