Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raphael Gonzales Panatela Extra '99 5by37

This is the first time I've smoked any R.G. cigars so I really had no idea what I was in store for. This little cigar was medium firm to the touch with a light colored wrapper that smelled almost like straw. The straw scent had me a little concerned and quite skeptical, but what the hey, light it up and see where it takes me.

The first 4 or 5 puffs set off a kind of dry, slight leather background. The next few draws brought on a distinctive floral smell from the smoke, which also was hitting the flavor profile. Wonderful. I was quite pleased to say the least. To have the varied flavors in each draw with the steady dry leathery background...well was amazing and a real treat.

The burn and draw were perfect. I shared this with a coworker, He was smoking a domestic at the time, I told him take your time, relax and have 10 puffs to get the full profile......we both concur, an amazing little cigar which made us make comments such as.."symbionic with nature, the plants and man, blah, blah, woof, woof!

A nice finish with just a dash of power, maybe half throttle, and a good aftertaste, especially when I searched the net and saw the prices! Thanks to the LLG who gifted me this, I'm barely hanging on to the edge of the slippery slope!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts