Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,528 Posts
The blend is different.
The PoW is a lighter cigar compared to the Churchill. More of a morning/daytime cigar. Nice flavors.
These are getting a bit harder to find as they are going the way of the third churchill in the RyJ line, the Clemenceau.

· Registered
26 Posts
Some guys really seem to like the POW - however I personally don't find them worth searching out. If you find the RyJ churchills too strong for your tastes - you might consider giving the Prince of Wales a try.

· Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Monk said:
It is kind of like the H. Upmann thing with the Sir Winston and Monarchs.
There's a real difference besides just the blend on the Upmann's, according to an earlier thread- there's also fermentation differences between the two models to justify the price difference.

The R&J's are in similar price points, not true with the Upmann's.

I would like to try a PoW some time, they look hard to find.

· MoTheMentor
3,261 Posts
I remember visiting the LCDH at 5th & 23rd and standing there looking at BOXES of R&J Churchills, Prince of Whales, and Clemenceaus all stacked side by side.

· Registered
297 Posts
Like others have said the POW is milder but damn tasty when they draw which is rarely, ime. IMO they are overfilled and heavy box pressed. Not worth any price. If I had any left I'd send you a dowel rod. :D

· Registered
50 Posts
I'm not much of a fan of the PoW. However, the RyJ Churchill is a favorite. I like the strength that the Churchill brings.

The one thing I will say though, is that the RyJ Churchill needs time and is best smoked with a significant amount (>5years) of age.

· Registered
1,475 Posts
doohnibor said:
I'm not much of a fan of the PoW. However, the RyJ Churchill is a favorite.....
see im glad to see this because i love the freakin Churchill to death, so i wont have my hopes raised so high when one of my 3 retailers FINALLY gets some in (2 years now and nothing!!!!! :c)

· Registered
1,528 Posts
CrazyFool said:
see im glad to see this because i love the freakin Churchill to death, so i wont have my hopes raised so high when one of my 3 retailers FINALLY gets some in (2 years now and nothing!!!!! :c)
??????
The RyJ Churchills are readily available at most reputable tobacconists. I'm surprised your having trouble getting these.

· Registered
1,475 Posts
Bruce said:
??????
The RyJ Churchills are readily available at most reputable tobacconists. I'm surprised your having trouble getting these.
my bad :sl heres what i shoulda said
CrazyFool said:
see im glad to see this because i love the freakin Churchill to death, so i wont have my hopes raised so high when one of my 3 retailers FINALLY gets some Prince of Whales in (2 years now and nothing!!!!! :c)
Im good on Churchills, i love them and the HDM Epi2 over all... cant wait for the Short Churchill

· Registered
1,528 Posts
The Prince of Wales has been discontinued. They are getting fairly hard to find. So if you are waiting for your tobacconist to "get them in", you may be waiting for quite some time!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts