Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
TheSmokingHiker said:
Hey, I got my humidor in on Wendsday, and i got to working on it. I put my smokes in there on thursday morning. I took my first La Gloria Cubana out at about 1, and I bundled up, went outside, and smoked it. I semi-calibrated my hygrometer. I dont want to fool with recalibrating it, so I know it is about 12% lower than what it should be reading. It says 60%, so it is about 72%. I think it is a little higher though because when I smoked it, it was a little hard to adjust it. It was my first La Gloria Cubana though, and I enjoyed it.
Agree with everyone on the need to use the old snoz. But I'm really confused about your humi and calibration.

Got it on Weds and put cigars in on Thurs? Usually takes about 3-4 weeks to break in a humidor, are you rushing it?

It says 60%, so it is about 72%. I think it is a little higher though because when I smoked it, it was a little hard to adjust it. You feel the humi is already at 72% or the cigar?

I'd at least do the salt test before adjusting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.