Cigar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Mayor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Warranty seal come on the wooden box or is it on the cardboard like some other boxes...I can't remember.
Thanks.

J.

·
Registered
212 Posts
on a box of 25 a wooden box it is on the wooden box...on the 3 pack a cardboard box it is on the cardboard but a much smaller version seal...i really dont understand your question.....i never saw a dress or cardboard box of 25 .safe to say the seal is always on either wooden or cardboard, always on the outside not the individual sleaves on the 3 packs.:confused:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I believe his question lies on whether the government seal is afixed directly to the wooden box or the cardboard sleve that some wooden boxes are shipped in (ie: H Upmann Sir Winstons, Partagas 8-9-8's, etc).

·
The Mayor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Poker. On a box of 25 is the seal on the carboard sleve or the wood box?

Thanks.

J.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Esplendidos-it's on the wooden box. Part. 898s, RA 898s, VR Don Alejandros, Sir Winnies and a few others, it's on the cardboard box in which the wooden box is shipped.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just for future reference...
In the Cohiba Line, cigars are packed in the following.

BN (Varnished Boite Nature with brooch). These are the boxes the three initial 1982 vitolas came in, the Lanceros, Coronas Especiales and Panetelas. They can hold 25 cigars, placed in conventional layers, and their corners are softened. They come in a cardboard outer sleeve that contains the warranty seal, the Habanos chevron remains on the wooden box (top right).

SBN-B (Varnished Semi Boite Nature with Brooch). These boxes are used to hold two of the three 1989 vitolas, the Esplendidos and Exquisitos. The corners are sharp, and the lids are flat. Cigars come in two conventional layers. They have the warranty seal on the bottom right and Habanos chevron on the top left. They are then wrapped in glassine paper.

SLB (Varnished Slide Lid Box). This kind of box is used to keep the Robustos and also the six SIGLO Series vitolas. Cigars come in a bundle of 25 wrapped in a wide yellow cloth ribbon and a white glassine paper with a Cohiba self adhesive label holding the paper together. These boxes come with the warranty seal on the top left and the Habanos chevron on the lower right, also wrapped in glassine paper.

·
Registered
126 Posts
cigartexan said:
Just for future reference...
In the Cohiba Line, cigars are packed in the following.

I should live so long (and be so rich) as to be able to acquire this knowledge first hand!

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
i like the ones in the glass top boxes......;)

·
The Mayor
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jack and to everyone, my questions have been answered.:)

Have a good hump day....the weekend is almost here:w

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts