Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Finally, a thread I can get my teeth into. Obviously I enjoy Port and have for many years. As has been mentioned, Vintage designated port typically requires 20+ yrs and in most cases 50+ yrs. A much less expensive sneek preview of what the Vintage port will taste like is the LBV designated ports. LBV = Late Bottled Vintage ports. The designated Vintage ports have to be bottled after two years in barrel whereas LBV ports can go as long as 4 years in barrel. The LBV's typically cost 1/3 the price of Vintage ports. My recommendations are: 94/97/2000 LBV's from Quinto Do Noval, Taylor, and Fonseca. The LBV's taste so much more like Vintage ports than do the tawnys and ruby's, much less sweet, although they are all fortified. I just drank a bottle of '77 Fonseca with a cuban SAN CRISTOBAL: LA FUERZA
....just heavan. I also enjoy the Havana Club Anejo 7yr Rum with ice and a '97 VEGAS ROBAINA: DON ALEJANDRO. Hope this helps.

Paul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.