Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
272 Posts
Certainly someone has smoked this. Bump.
Sorry, didn't see this until just now. I did a review on this tobacco on tobaccoreviews.com

IMO this tobacco is largely underrated. It is inexpensive. That coupled with the fact that one has to learn how to coax the flavors (and doing it wrong can result in tongue burn unique to this particular blend/cut), has led to some less than stellar reviews. However, those who like it .. love it, and I am one of those. This tobacco really provides a delicious VA burley taste. There is an almost imperceptible casing, but then contrary to what many believe ... ALL tobaccos are cased. You can't pull hard on this or you will receive a nasty burnt toast flavor. This, I believe has as more to do with the tight hard cubes than the actual blend. There really is no way to keep this tobacco burning when first lit. If you try,.. you will end up with the bad taste I mentioned. For the first half of the bowl you light .. puff a while .. relight .. puff .. relight etc. The reward is worth the extra butane and effort IMO.

I've tried but I cannot find any tobacco that duplicates the flavor from these little cubes if smoked correctly. I recently ordered some burley for blending and intend on blending with various VA's to try and find this flavor. It isn't that one cannot find a VA/burley flavor in other bacca... but the level of nutty vanilla (not goopy casing) with a bit of tang that comes with a Burley/Va is very well pronounced in this blend, which IMO makes it a bit unique.

Give it a try.

By the way.... if I could remove the Lakeland soapy flowers from S&G BB#2 I would find a very similar smoking experience without the constant relights.

Funny story .,.. well not really. Friend of mine sent me some flake to try ... I loved it ... so naturally I ordered 10 -17.5 oz boxes of it. He told me it was BB#2 ... so ... that is what I ordered. After receiving my order ... I realized that this was not the tobacco he had sent me. He's very sorry... he mislabled it .. but secretly I believe he thinks it's hilarious. Though he did offer to buy all 10 boxes ... I declined ... maybe I'll get used to the lakeland flavor (after all ... Dub seems to love it .... doesn't he?.. can't be that bad) Besides, i have so many jars/tins now ... I may never have a chance to smoke any.

One last thing about the PS cubed .... it is unbelievable when aged for only 10 months.... I'm betting it keeps getting better

· Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Kinn. I saw your review online too. I think I'll end up buying a good amount of this blend. I've really been looking for affordable bulk without compromising on taste and enjoyment.

· Banned
272 Posts
Thanks, Kinn. I saw your review online too. I think I'll end up buying a good amount of this blend. I've really been looking for affordable bulk without compromising on taste and enjoyment.
PS offers a few good values in bulk. I would recommend the Nougat for all day smoking without much tending. Nougat is probably their best selling blend ... it is sort of a shag .. and it is tasty as all get out. I would not characterize it as an aromatic ... though some would. It is mostly VA/Burly. I'd try both ... then decide which you like best. Whatever you do though ... get at least some cubed and cellar it.

If you like VA flakes ... the Luxury twist Flake is fantastic for the money (though not near as good as SG FVF.. which is the best VA flake in the world IMO) ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.