Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so,I go to where my mailbox used to be(Danfish's bomb arrived to day and totally destroyed it...nice job,Dan),and I see this large envelope on the other side of my front lawn...no return address....no postage meter...hmmmmmmmm,somebody wants to remain anonymous.

okay..well,that is my name,and it's in my personal info on Puff...so it's not like somebody did any dig deeping....unti,I saw the note,

hmmmmmmmmm..now,that looks familiar..where have I seen that before?...of yeah...it's like my Herfabomber stationary:doh:....okay....somebody out there is a student of my escapdes and decided to an homage bomb modeled after yours truly...can't say as I blame them,cuz as all of you know,I'm kind of awesome:biggrin:

what really struck me as truly intriguing was the contents of the package itself....

here's a larger copy of the note itself....it bears further scrutiny

here's a little background on this bomb...I've been fairly active in the MAW forums lately and I've been filling some wish lists for brothers lately(did I mention before how awesome I am?:biggrin:)..normally,I would pass my wish on to someone else because I really have a wide variety of cigars in my stash which will keep me happily occupied for quite a while.But,I realized "yaknow...even though I have a shitload of different cigars,I don't have any Davidoffs...never bought one..never smoked one,so I decided to post that as my single nc wish in both the Non CC MAF and the Pushed Over The Edge non-cc/cc MAW in the Habanos forum.Well,someone has been doing some reading,and well...I got me a Davidoff,which looks very nice,indeed.

so,we got us a true mystery bomber out there,Guys...and he's called The UniBomber....and his modus operandi is absolutely brilliant(yes,I said brilliant...sending a single cigar from a MAW thread anonymously means he can send out hundreds of bombs cost-effectively.....it's a stroke of genius.)

Sir,I know you want you stay anonymous..I know how you feel and I completely respect that,but if you ever decide to make yourself,I want to shake your hand and sit down and herf with you,because you have my deepest respect.Thank you very much for the Davidoff...I will enjoy it immensely.

We haven't seen the last of The UniBomber,Guys....and we're not gonna figure out who he is until he's ready...if ever.

· Registered
4,442 Posts
Unibomber.....interesting. Maybe he has no address because his shack in the middle of the woods doesn't have one.

Nice looking stick Pete. Interested in your review on it, I've never had a Davidoff either.

· Registered
2,441 Posts
Wow great hit, and the intrigue is really cool too...for some reason one person came to mind...putting my guess in a seeled envelope right now!:ask:

· A Squid founder, retired
3,417 Posts
I hit Abe (fivespdcat) i while back with a single stick I knew he was wanting to try, and picked up the "sniper" appellation at that time. I meant to go further with that, as it is fun and relatively inexpensive :biggrin: but never did.

So, I suspect Abe - but really only because we haven't the slightest clue at this stage, and no leads whatsoever that I can see.

This might be a while...

· Registered
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup...all we know for certain is:

1.) He's a Puff member with access to addresses.

2.)He frequents the MAW forums,because I have no cigars listed on my wish list.

3.)He's familiar with postal procedures and knows the 13-ounce drop rule,because there was no postmark on the envelope anywhere.

4.)He has at least 1 roll of 100 first-class stamps(I know this because I work for the USPS and recognized the stamp design instantly because I've sold so many of them.)

5.)He's not new to cigars because he claims to have an impressive stash.

6.)He's probably reading this,so thanks again,Buddy.

that's about it...we'll see when he decides to strike next.

· Registered
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pete - the Community figured out who the "herfabomber" was - we'll figure out who the "unibomber" is too!
Actually,Shawn,the community didn't figure the identity of The Herfabomber.That was done by Ken(FWTX),and,in reality,I decided to make guessing my identity a contest(I did leave clues),which he was prized for with 5 cuban missiles.
The Unibomber has left no residual traces of evidence to determine the origin of his package(i.e. no postmark or postal meter strips).The envelope is standard Staples material....If this guy wants to remain anonymous,he's going a great job,thus far.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.