Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my hopes set high on these. I have heard wonderful things. After two samples I may never be able to smoke another Puros Indios again.

These were mushy, and inconsitant to the eye. On both samples there was a hole right before the band. When you draw it blows on your lup.. real nice!! The taste was soo bad.. I have heard the reference to lawn clippings before.. Sounds about right! I sent an e-Mail off to Puros indios and have not heard back. the online retailer is however taking them all back for a refund..
I assume I just got a bad box but I will never try these again..

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience with them. I like em, but I did get one that had a slightly bitter finish the other day.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carlos from Puros did send me an e-Mail apologizing for the bad cigars, and offered to replace them.. So maybe I will give them another shot some day.. Although it will take a while.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I've tried the Puros Indios Viejo and liked the Nacional (6.5 X 46) a lot. I tried the Presidente (7 X 48) but found that the extra size gave a whole different smoke and didn't like it at all. Haven't tried the other two sizes, but I did recently get a box of the Nacional, which is now sitting & aging nicely in my humidor. :w

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I've had the same reaction as MoTheMan, Nacional good, Churchill so so. I have about 6 of them Nacional Puros Indios stick's laying in Davy Jones locker. I like them, but a fellow I herf with alot doesn't. It may just be an off profile for you. I don't like strawberries. :) If you like strawberries, maybe you don't like the Viejo. This of course is just speculation. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.