Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Of the members here that know me they know that I am a Cuban cigar whore and I don't get the opportunity to smoke NC's very often.

Last week I was down in Minneapolis for some RnR and I made a stop at one of our Minny botls (blueeyedbum) house for an afternoon of cigars, drinks and good company. Anyhow, to top off the day, Greg sent me home with some NC's. One of them was a Puros Indios Siemba De Oro #4 Maduro. Greg and myself smoke on a daily basis via Skype and he has been talking about these "cheap" stix that he has been enjoying. Well, on Thurs night I decided to fire this guy up and I was plesently surprised by this cigar. And even more surprised when I looked them up on CI to find they are $1.50 stick.

A nice smooth cigar with longfiller leaf and very well contructed. Anyone else have any insight on these?

Cheers.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
I often smoke Diesels please don't tell anyone! As i am a C C whore as well! lol!:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I often smoke Diesels please don't tell anyone! As i am a C C whore as well! lol!:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
LMAO!

I used to smoke lots of nc's back in the day (years ago) but living in Canada, cc's are just easier to come by for me. Plus they are better! :shocked::fencing:

Of all the nc's I have smoked these were very cubanesque if I may say so. And the price is redonculous! :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
LMAO!

I used to smoke lots of nc's back in the day (years ago) but living in Canada, cc's are just easier to come by for me. Plus they are better! :shocked::fencing:

Of all the nc's I have smoked these were very cubanesque if I may say so. And the price is redonculous! :)
It's just too bad the CC's are so bloody expensive up here compared to NC's ordered from the US...

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
It's just too bad the CC's are so bloody expensive up here compared to NC's ordered from the US...
In the United States the opposite is true!:smoke:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very true but who the heck buys cc's in Canada? :)

Hey Nick, there is a group of us that meet up on a regular basis here in da Peg. We are meeting up at Tony Roma's Pembina on Tue at 4:00pm or after work. You should swing by. Would love to add to our small group and meet you. Cigars, wings and drinks! All good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would love to join you, but I'll be away on business this Tuesday. If you guys do it as a regular thing, I'd love to take a raincheck...

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
The maduros are good, probably better after a little rest.
I think between Shawn and I we pretty much knew about this line of cigars some time back. I started smoking these a few years ago and letting them rest of periods from 6 months to about a year and then to a year and a half. These are darn good cigars and the maduros are my favorite...at $1 to $1.50 a stick they are one of the best deals out there.

·
Keeper of the Cheaper
796 Posts
these were the first bundle i bought. Smoked 2 from a five pack ROTT and turned around and bought a bundle. I think it was 16 bucks when i got them.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
OMG!!!!! Tony!!!!! I'm shocked and appalled that something non-CC would ever touch your lips! My image of you has just crumbled to the ground.

LOL :biggrin:

Question, are you talking Unlimited or Unholy Cocktails or Shortys? I've found that I enjoy the Unlimiteds but really don't care for the other two.

·
Who you calling clown???
3,950 Posts
OMG!!!!! Tony!!!!! I'm shocked and appalled that something non-CC would ever touch your lips! My image of you has just crumbled to the ground.

LOL :biggrin:

Question, are you talking Unlimited or Unholy Cocktails or Shortys? I've found that I enjoy the Unlimiteds but really don't care for the other two.
There has been other stuff non-cc that has touched his lips :wink:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
There has been other stuff non-cc that has touched his lips :wink:
LMAO! Tony's takin' it kinda rough in this thread! (I know, insert "That's what she said" joke here)

To bet back on topic......I think I have a Puros Indios that some fine BOTL bombed me with. I may have to pull that out tonight. Another stick I found that was exceptional for the money is the Sherpa Toro. If you go on CB you can get them for sometimes less than a buck and a half per stick.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Puros Indios seems extremely inconsistent.

I remember liking the PI Especiales #4 I ordered from Holt's some years ago. It was good.

I have had the Special Aged Pyramides. They were totally tasteless after a few months of rest. They improved. I smoked one some months back and it was terrific. Save for the shape and construction (leaves much to be desired), I could have sworn I was smoking a Fuente Hemingway. The next one I had was dog rocket.

The Viajes are constructed horribly, but with rest become very decent tasting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.